Skirting the edge

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Skirting the edge

Postby pbottomley » Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi all, I thought I would let you all know about one of my "short drives" I have planned for June. Alas its not going to be in the 'never to be finished' Viva GT, its in a more modern thing, other owners call them Toasters due the shape, personally I like the taste of Malt Loaf, (very cryptic) but thats not the reason for the post here.

I have against my better judgement agreed to do this trip for charity (Alzheimer's Society) and like other road trips will as always not go to plan, involve lots of great views and a huge hole in one personal bank account! The entire monies raised go to the charity, none of my expenses are covered (thats all my funding), so don't think its just a funded holiday its not!

So what is it that I am going to attempt? to drive the entire UK coastline in a single month, its circa 5000 miles and will see me on the road for the entire month, always having the sea in view (I hope).

I will post updates on line here and facebook for those intrested, but let me start off with a link to my just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... g-the-edge

Dont be shy, even £1 will be welcome..... :thanx:
pbottomley

Re: Skirting the edge

Postby Kraken » Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Good luck Paul. Hope the weather is nice and drive safely :goodluck:
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Skirting the edge

Postby pbottomley » Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm

verbal support good financial donation better :mrgreen: