MoT question

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: MoT question

Postby 1972nail » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Wow David the bit about visiting Classics is a bit worrying :shock: - need to put a note on the members only site "Message from your Committee"- too late for the Autumn Magazine :roll:

I wouldn't worry too much as it's a 'technicality' that only the most sadistic copper would pursue, but N I registered cars would be different. Although many classic owner's here are ignoring the fact that it is illegal to drive without an MOT, just taxing and driving. So far the police don't seem too worried.....yet. Southern Irish registered cars can drive here on our roads without an NCT (MOT) without a problem, no matter what age. That is more serious in my books as there a lot more of them.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Re: MoT question

Postby redfirenza » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:00 am

The cost of an MOT isn't much so personally I think its worth getting one just for peace of mind, we already get free tax and cheap insurance on most models now!
redfirenza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion