GT master cylinder blown

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

GT master cylinder blown

Postby jamezz666 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello everyone

I was just trying to bleed the breaks on the GT and it's stopped pumping. So where could I buy a kit from for it? Is it the same as the normal 1159 kit? As I've seen a couple on eBay stating they're for the sl90.

Thanks
James
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: GT master cylinder blown

Postby Johnboy HB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm fairly sure that it's the same as the 1159, looks the same, someone with more knowledge than me will confirm as to whether or not it is
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 68 dave » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi I have rebuilt my Lockheed master cylinder a few months ago, I got my kit from a rover/ mg site on ebay.Cost my £6.00 Hope this helps
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 am

I did a quick eBay search and found a few different kits sharing the same part number with different models, so I just went with a seller, selling one for an sl90 at £7 posted.
But thank you for the replies! Hopefully it's not a bugger to pull mine apart!

Thanks
James
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm

The Viva GT master cylinder is the same as fitted to ANY Viva HB that has disc brakes with servo. And it is GIRLING, not Lockheed, so a kit for a Viva HC with Lockheed dual acting master cylinder wont be any good. Be careful that the person supplying the kit for your cylinder isn't just sending you a kit for a front drum brake car, - these kits are very easy to find, because the same kit will also repair many other Girling master cylinders of that style, - from Land Rover to Triumph Herald ! The disc brake style of Girling master cylinder is much rarer, and it was unique to the Viva HB range (not used on other cars) and the kits are very hard to find, so hopefully you will actually receive the correct kit?
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion