HB GT Estate?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

HB GT Estate?

Postby 1900sr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Did they ever build any GT estates? A friend thinks he's found one but I'm guessing it's going to be a conversion rather than a factory car.
1900sr
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: HB GT Estate?

Postby BobbyMel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:37 pm

No they didn't....it'll just be a modified Estate
HB 368

1970 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....114 BOB
1969 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BDH819G
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....BOB 33E
1968 - Vauxhall HB Viva Estate....NHA 764F
1987 - Austin Montego 1.6L....E375 JRV
1995 - Rover 216 Coupe....N622 VOA
BobbyMel
Top Viva Spotter

Postby 1900sr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks.
1900sr
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby GAV » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 am

I believe Epic Envoys in Canada did an HB Estate that was kitted out like a GT and may even have sported a 2 litre slant 4 OHC Victor motor.Not totally sure about the latter.
For some reason the door cards werent full, (the nock down kits were despatched from this very Town as were full export models that were stored hereabout, before being shipped mainly to the Antipodes, as I have been assured chatting to various locals re my Viva, who worked , some also on the Luton lines before presumably being transferred to Harwich)gave the apearance of a Deluxe but the dash and centre console were as per GTs.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:12 pm

GAV wrote:I believe Epic Envoys in Canada did an HB Estate that was kitted out like a GT and may even have sported a 2 litre slant 4 OHC Victor motor.Not totally sure about the latter.
For some reason the door cards werent full, (the nock down kits were despatched from this very Town as were full export models that were stored hereabout, before being shipped mainly to the Antipodes, as I have been assured chatting to various locals re my Viva, who worked , some also on the Luton lines before presumably being transferred to Harwich)gave the apearance of a Deluxe but the dash and centre console were as per GTs.

I have seen pics of estates with the GT bonnet. I also get the idea that here in the colonies a GM dealer would accessorize the car however you ordered it - I still even feel my actual GT is a Bitsa.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby GAV » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Since moving here to near Harwich in the last 5 years I get to chat to very many folk over the Viva, inclusivel of two fellas who used to work for Vauxhall whence they stored cars near here before being exported. Early Viva were sent to Australia in knock down kits and were still badged Vauxhall when Holden took over the operation. ImageImageThis Viva was Canadian and given SL type grill and rear end 3 round horizontal Imagetalk about returning coals to Newcastle(or Luton)The HB was badged Holden Torana and had round headlamps, as well as other details, inclusive of on Brabhams a Chequered badge with 70, denoting not optomistic top speed ala the English 90s but peek or gross power. They even developed the 4 door in the Antipodes,
Image1600ImageCanadian spec 1600 estate with GT Type interior ImageImage
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion