a cleanish garage

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

a cleanish garage

Postby jpsmit » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 am

Not that much to show - but I switched the cars today and this meant I needed to clean a bit. This is a small garage by Canadian standards (though 2 car garages are rare in my part of Toronto)

so, show and tell really.

jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Re: a cleanish garage

Postby 1972nail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 am

:D

That's my next to do thing.....clear the garage.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

And mine. I've got plenty of room, but as is usually the case, the junk has expanded to fill it. I'd like to be able to get my daily driver in without having to re-arrange things every time, and without having to move the Firenza in case whatever job I'm doing on it runs over and I have to leave it overnight. Not much hope of that, even though it should be simple to arrange.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:27 pm

If you need to make some space I can accommodate a car or two storage for the winter months - favourable rates for club members!
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 1972nail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:If you need to make some space I can accommodate a car or two storage for the winter months - favourable rates for club members!

There you go jpsmit.....an offer you can't refuse, just shipping from Toronto to factor in now. :lol:

Seriously though, that's an offer others should consider, as leaving your pride and joy open to the elements is not the best thing to do. A friend puts his classic into storage for the winter to allow his modern daily driver into the garage so as to avoid those early morning de-icing sessions.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jpsmit » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:02 pm

1972nail wrote:
Fred Dukes wrote:If you need to make some space I can accommodate a car or two storage for the winter months - favourable rates for club members!

There you go jpsmit.....an offer you can't refuse, just shipping from Toronto to factor in now. :lol:

Seriously though, that's an offer others should consider, as leaving your pride and joy open to the elements is not the best thing to do. A friend puts his classic into storage for the winter to allow his modern daily driver into the garage so as to avoid those early morning de-icing sessions.

:goodideasign:

I actually do for the MG - and have for years. I currently pay a very favourable rate in a spare spot in an underground garage at a condo. It is good for the car and great for me as I have more working space plus space to spread out - and put snow blower etc - as well as set up for reno projects that tend to happen in winter.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Return to General Discussion