2 newbie questions

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

2 newbie questions

Postby craig12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:06 pm

maybe its right under my nose but at 55 I struggle to se it, is there a section on here that describes what to look for when purchasing a viva/magnum , and also is this I club with a membership fee and magazine , I know theyre basic questions , sorry
craig12
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 2 newbie questions

Postby 1972nail » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 pm

No, we don't have a 'Buyer's Guide' as such but the paid up 'Member's Area' holds registers of very many cars, both existing and believed deceased, which will fill in bit and pieces if not great chunks of a car's history. It also has a Cars for Sale to Club Member's section which makes it a bit safer for buyer's and sellers who can only advertise to and buy from club members.

Yes, it is a Club with a membership fee, Quarterly Magazine, Club Spares Scheme and discounted insurance for members and of course the ability to show your car on the Club stand at quite a few major shows.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby hbpeter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Good idea to have a section for potential purchasers. give some basic info on rot spots(everything), mechanical issues etc.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:16 am

I like your enthusiasm Pete - sounds like you have got the job :P - maybe put it in the website section "the cars" :?:
Work something out with Paul
Start a thread in the members chat area for input :goodideasign:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Bugger, didnt think that one through.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to General Discussion