So who thinks I should get a white one too...........

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: So who thinks I should get a white one too...........

Postby VampireTigger » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Got them both into the garage after several weekends of work, it's tight!

Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm

That's tight enough, with just enough space to allow access to the engine bay if you need to get in there.

Before parking them up for winter, open the windows slightly, and crack open the boot and bonnet a bit to allow ventilation. You could also jack the cars up to take the weight off the tyres or remove the wheels altogether. I use a set of old wheels and tyres so that the car is still mobile.

A friend of mine uses off cut sheets of foil backed polyurethane insulation board as packing spacers. He has a sheet against the back wall and he rolls the car back bumper against that then he sets another sheet against the front bumper and gently rolls his other car against that.

I use a square of off cut thick carpet screwed to the car port wall to protect the open door and I've got a black line painted on the floor as a parking space guide with enough space to allow the bin past on Wednesday mornings.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby VampireTigger » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:11 pm

The ground is level, so I moved the cars close to place them rolled the rest of the way by hand. I plan to get a plank measured up and cut to put behind the red rear wheel as a stop guide.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion