The new look Revival.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

The new look Revival.

Postby Bobby Dale » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Well the Postman opened the gate with his Usual exuberance , whistling in his Usual out of tune way as he stomped up the front path Plod ,Plod , Plod , sending the Dog into her Usual I'm gonna eat you mode ( she actually loves the Postie and will dance around him on her hind legs until she gets a cuddle ,but that's another story) and all the circulars and letters fell through the letter box with the Usual brown envelope which landed on the carpet with an unusual healthy thump ?
i scooped up the pile and did my Usual sifting , Bill,Bill Bill, adverts etc then the Hers , Mine sort and as usual eagerly opened the Brown envelope first fell out the Annual subscription notice but this was quickly followed by something shinny ? Very Shinny and very Bright and Orange y ? The new look re-Viva-l WOW !
What a stunner and that was just the first page i usually put this aside until i can get a spare moment to take all the contents in , in comfort with a brew in hand but this one just sucked me in ? i had to read it on the spot Wow! But This was something different !
Do not get me wrong i have always enjoyed reading the previous copies of the club magazine and Mike Stanley's done a sterling job of giving us our quarterly fix of all things Viva and I would like to thank him for all the great editions i have read and enjoyed .
But this is something different and New lots of content lots of photo's and a different look brighter bigger and shinny well done David on your first edition
Bobby Dale
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: The new look Revival.

Postby 1972nail » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks for your kind words Bobby. This was a bumper edition because we had quite a few shows to cover, so future editions may be a tiny bit slimmer.

I'll always be looking for articles from members, it's our magazine and we are the ones who can share our experiences and photos so that we all can have a good read each quarter. I've already got a couple good articles from members lined up for the Spring edition :D
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Kraken » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:48 pm

I also really enjoyed the new look.

The 'Under The Bonnet' section is a welcome addition too :thanx:
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Kraken wrote:The 'Under The Bonnet' section is a welcome addition too :thanx:

Thanks. I'll be needing articles for that section too.....
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby lord13 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:28 am

Kraken wrote:I also really enjoyed the new look.

It's got a new look? I guess it seemed 'darker' somehow...I'll give it a proper read when I get the chance :wink:
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:33 am

Very well done. Excellent first edition from the new chap! Massive thanks to Mike for his work over the last years.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to General Discussion