Ebay bidding up?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Ebay bidding up?

Postby 1972nail » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 am

I think both of you are right. Different bidders may have different strategies. I personally work with the one where I put in my ideal maximum bid and if become the highest bidder with a bit in reserve then all to the good. Others will try to bid the absolute minimum they can to be the just highest at that time by the smallest of margins. That's when you get someone bidding up in pence until they are the highest..... now, that person could be bidding up just to get the maximum out of the item.....or they could be genuine, who knows.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Mike Attew » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:23 am

I agree, just in this case 2 engines being sold by one person, and seems the same bidder in both cases bidding up until they reach a previous bidders maximum and then stopping.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Mike Attew wrote:I agree, just in this case 2 engines being sold by one person, and seems the same bidder in both cases bidding up until they reach a previous bidders maximum and then stopping.

That sounds like shilling to me
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby viva lee » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:51 am

Ebay is notorious for schill bidding and most are dealers from home :twisted:
viva lee