Ding dong, Avon calling

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Ding dong, Avon calling

Postby VampireTigger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Avon Safety Wheels clad in Avon tyres since Michelin stopped making them in 175/70r13. With a Lotus at work a blue like this works better with a silver wheel instead of black, I think these give the car a good image lift whilst still being an OEM rim.

Car should be off to the bodyshop in about a week. Sills are holed, hole in the inner wing near the brake servo, splits in dash and seats so load of interior re-trim plus stainless exhaust are on the todo list. I'll get them to deal with other rust bubbles too, hoping to avoid a full respray but have it done in the same colour if it needs it.

Hopefully when it's done Steve Hancock will like to take a look at the results. It's not going to be a quick or cheap job but I think this car deserves to be preserved as do my other two.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Ding dong, Avon calling

Postby Kraken » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:51 pm

That looks lovely :coolpics:
Kraken
Brabham Viva