vinyl roof

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

vinyl roof

Postby craig12 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 pm

any clues on how to get a vinyl roof in tip top condition after washing , is there a black dye system as such you can apply, afterwards ? :?
craig12
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: vinyl roof

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:02 pm

There used to be a product called "Back to black" that was really intended for application to vehicles with lots of black plastic trim, that might do the trick.

Be warned though - I found that stuff tended to become addictive. By that I mean let's say it took ten years for your black trim to fade to a point where you wanted to do something about it, after you'd applied the product it would be maybe six months before it wanted some more. I put that down to the product being a coating that faded more quickly than the original surface. I think the one I used was an Autoglym product, but it's probably similar to the original.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: vinyl roof

Postby 68 dave » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm

I sell and have used autoglym vinyl rubber care it brought my vinyl roof up like new, but you will have to repeat the application every three months. Autoglym also do I die in a spray can I will read the label tomorrow if I get a chance. I will let you know.
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to General Discussion