Rear lower spring clamp

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Rear lower spring clamp

Postby 68 dave » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Has anyone got any spare lower rear arm spring clamp ,as I broken one stripping the rear suspension of the car to refurbish it. Thanks
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Rear lower spring clamp

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 am

There was someone on Facebook who was looking at remanufacturing them, I don't know if it got any further.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby 1972nail » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

I think Club Spares were going to order a supply from him. Don't know if it materialised. I assume the bolt has sheared, you can punch out the remains of the old one and fit an M8 coach bolt and spot weld it in place.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby 68 dave » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Yes I was thinking of doing that but want to keep it as original as poss. The bushes in the arms are like new to no need to replace thank god. Once i have refurbished the arms and axle ,cannot wait to put the fully rebuilt engine and gearbox in. :D
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to General Discussion