Jhv960d

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Jhv960d

Postby rkid67 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:38 pm

How do I go about finding out the history on my car Tia
rkid67
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Jhv960d

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:09 am

Hi Tia,

You can check the vehicle's current tax and MOT status here -

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

and MOT history here -

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ ... 1570035150

If you are a member of the Viva Owner's Club you can access the club register details held about your car -

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21877&p=84468&hilit=960d#p84468

I think (but I'm not sure) that the Vauxhall Heritage centre may be able to access production details about some cars. Here's their facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vauxhall ... 2412864573
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:11 pm

s Colin says as a member of the VVOC you will be able to access the Viva Register on our website - if yo wish to join fill in the attached form and send to Membership Sec
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Application Form.doc
(40.5 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 pm

In the past, you were able to apply to the DVLA for copies of previous documents that they hold on file. This was an interesting thing usually, as it would include the original application for registration as well as copies of any V5 owner details changes. Unfortunately they won't provide that information any more without a very good reason, and "I'd like to know the history of my car" apparently isn't good enough.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby rkid67 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:s Colin says as a member of the VVOC you will be able to access the Viva Register on our website - if yo wish to join fill in the attached form and send to Membership Sec

Hi Fred I'm already a member of the club but I cant find the register on the web site cheers Lloyd
rkid67
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am

rkid67 wrote:Hi Fred I'm already a member of the club but I cant find the register on the web site cheers Lloyd

You might need to get in touch with forum admin to get access to the members area. There's a link just below the top banner in the top right corner of the screen that says "Private Member area application" - click that and follow the instructions.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to General Discussion