Removal of engine mounts

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Removal of engine mounts

Postby edgoose1 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:53 pm

Am I correct in thinking you can replace the engine mounts of the OHC Firenza without removing the engine ?
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Removal of engine mounts

Postby 1972nail » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:12 am

Yes, but it isn't easy to get the location pins to sit in correctly. I always preferred to lift the engine on the jack and remove both before replacing the exhaust side first. It's easier to jiggle it into place if the other side is still free. Once it's fitted bolt it down tight and tilt the engine on the jack to fit the other side.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:15 am

cause you can -just support the engine to take the weight and undo the nuts off the mount - lift the engine a bit to release the mount - replace and remove support - may not be easy on exhaust manifold side :wink:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby edgoose1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks ... another pending job . For a better weather day and plenty of time
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion