looking for my old car

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

looking for my old car

Postby Mittens39 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Hello everyone. I am looking for a white Vauxhall viva HA registration DLL 523C, this was my father car, I learnt to drive and passed my test in the car and my father was really sad to sell the car, he would love to know how she is and where she is to be able to see her. Please help if you have any information. Thank you Gail
Last edited by Mittens39 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mittens39
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: looking for my old car

Postby 1972nail » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:52 pm

A simple search on the DVLA website shows that they don't hold any details of the car. That means that it was probably last taxed in the 1980's or before. So it probably also means, I'm sorry to say, that your father's car is long gone.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Mittens39 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi we found it on dvla yesterday.
Mittens39
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Bob perry » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Not shown on DVLA search. How did you find it and, more importantly, is it still around??
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Mittens39 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi was on DVLA DDL 523C comes up with the car. My dad is 83 and had this car from mid 70s untill about 6-7 years ago he has always regretted and spent so much money on the car he just wants to know she is alright, we called her Vicky!
Mittens39
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Mittens39 wrote:I am looking for a white Vauxhall viva HA registration DLL 523C, this was my father car...

Mittens39 wrote:Hi was on DVLA DDL 523C comes up with the car.

Spot the difference, just a simple typo.

DVLA says it's taxed until November 2020, so someone must have it around.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Mittens39 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:38 pm

how do i find out who? he has been talking about the car so much lately.
Mittens39
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby viva les vegas » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:48 pm

I’m not sure you can. I think it would be a breach of GDPR, or something along those lines. I’ve wondered if the DVLA would be able to forward your own details to the current registered keeper, but again I doubt it. You would have to keep an eye on all the sale sites and hope that you see it listed somewhere again. You never know, the current keeper may join us on here and share it’s whereabouts and condition.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:42 am

You won't be able to see this link unless you're a club member, but here's the club register record of the car.

In addition to some history of sales dating back to 2008, the record shows some good recent pictures and details of the car when last advertised for sale on ebay in Sept 2018 in Holwell (Holywell?) North Wales -

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=11230&p=116397&hilit=DDL+523C#p116397
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:31 am

viva les vegas wrote:I’ve wondered if the DVLA would be able to forward your own details to the current registered keeper, but again I doubt it.

I've often thought this would be a nice little earner for the DVLA - charge a fiver to pass on a message to the current owner. But they don't do it, unfortunately. To get information out of the DVLA you need to have "A Good Reason", and this isn't it. Nowadays even wanting to trace the history of your own car isn't a good enough reason, so the old form V888 where you could get copies of previous V5s and see old keepers is redundant.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Next

Return to General Discussion