Hc Firenza rear headlining position

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Hc Firenza rear headlining position

Postby OUL 735 L » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Good Evening All

At the moment I am having a new headlining in my Firenza, I didn't remove the old one and am unsure of the correct position of where the headlining finishes on the rear pillars.

I notice there is a couple of horizontal indentation on the rear pillars,

Any help or pictures greatly received

Best Regards Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Hc Firenza rear headlining position

Postby 1972nail » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 pm

From the Viva E Coupe sales brochure showing a horizontal line to the bottom edge, however the one my brother owned from new had a sloped finish like the earlier Deluxe.

The Deluxe Firenza with painted door tops had a sloped bottom line parallel to the rear screen slope

The SL had the door card trim or plastic door top cover overlap the headlining to produce a straight horizontal appearance.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby OUL 735 L » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi Thank You

My car is a SL. But cappings were glued like vinyl but had been removed, brown glue all over, does anyone know if there should be a cover/protector on the pillar where the seatbelt sits on the SL.

Regards Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 pm

I'm open to correction on this. The E coupe and the Deluxe Firenza had it painted body colour and the SL had it painted in matt finish to match the door card colour, the same as the lower dash panel. There was no plastic cover, just paint.

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:42 pm

The parts book lists quite a lot of "FINISHER, body lock pillar", RH and LH, in various colours and for various VIN ranges and models, and "COVER, centre pillar" for four-door models.

As I read it, Firenza SL is E, or Firenza Sport SL is F along with Magnum and HPF. Presuming that I'm reading it right, that means that lots of SL models have a plastic trim on the centre pillar, what I'd normally call the B-pillar, where the seat belt upper clip sits.

I hadn't got any decent ones, so I just used the same material that I'd used for the headlining to do mine.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby OUL 735 L » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi All

Many thanks, will be able to finish the headlining, then can have the windows put, the car hopefully on the road next year.

The B pillars are the same colour as the bodyshell, can be trimmed at a later date, will keep a look out for some originals.

Many Thanks Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Mike, I had never thought of checking the parts book. I was going on memory of 2 door models and you are more than likely to be correct and my memory wrong. The 4 door SL and Magnum models certainly did have a shaped vinyl trim from carpet level to headlining.

1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Of course! That's the other reason the four-door ones will be different, because they'll need to go right to the floor. I hadn't thought of that.

I was going to stick the part numbers and VIN ranges in, but there's loads of combinations.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby OUL 735 L » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi All

Headlining and windows in, not a crack in drivers rear quarter, just checked in case

Headlining from East Kent trim bought at Billing many moons ago
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby OUL 735 L » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:18 pm

and another
Attachments
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next