Quotes on Value

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Quotes on Value

Postby Sid » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:46 pm

> A car is worth only what someone is willing to pay, no matter what price a person asks.

That is so very true.

I've recenty been *trying* to sell a mk4 non-turbo Supra and got no serious enquiries, despite being the fifth cheapest nationwide
out of about about a hundred on Autotrader.
IF it was a Twin-turbo model (virtually identical except for the turbos) in the same condition it would fetch *twice* the price I'm
asking, and would sell straight away.
Such is the nature of "supply and demand".

Similarly with Vivas, some are more sought after than others and it doesnt necesarily relate to the rarity.
2300 models are sought after because they're fast (fastest model in the range always sells!).
1256s, despite being by far the most common, sometimes fetch a good price because they're cheap to run, and because that is the
model most people feel nostalgia towards (as far more were once owned).
1800 Magnums on the other hand are rare, yet not sought after at all because they're seen as the 2300's weedy brother, yet cost as
much to run.

Comparison with other makes gets even more interesting. Take the most sought after of all the "Viva" variants, i.e. the Droop Snoot
Firenza. Only 200 ever made, probably what, about 30 surviving, yet in concourse condition is worth considerably less than a mk2
Ford Cortina 1600E which is nowhere near as rare or unique yet can fetch up to 10 grand in show winning condition!

Sid

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion