I LOVE MY CAR

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

I LOVE MY CAR

Postby Geeza » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi all.
Just had to share it with the world.My wonderful Firenza went straight through her MOT this morning,nothing required. :D Not bad for a 35 year old.I'm going to treat her to a good wash and polish in the morning.
Cheers Sean.
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Arr the joy of the new MOT test!

The last time i had a car mot'd it failed on handbrake (too much travel needing adjustment)

I took the car to another local garage left it with them to do the work done the owner of the garage rang me about an hour later. The following converation took place:

Garage ..."Hi we looked at the handbrake cable and its fine,god knows why they failed it..whilst its here i could mot it for you to save you going back to the other garage"

Steve- "Well thats ok but what if it fails on something else?"

Garage bloke £Well thats possible, but its up to you"

Steve "Ok do the MOT and let me know"
5hrs later

"Hi garage here,we done an MOT test mate ,,,,,,,its failed,, the brake discs are severely worn,,so it needs new ones,,and pads,,,one of the brake pipes is corroded which is really dangerous,,also i cant beleive the other garage did an MOT and didnt notice that the brake lights dont work and it needs a new tyre"

Steve "Ok,,well thats a shock,how much?
Garage bloke £450ish quid"

What a mug i did have the work done,, but i was selling the car,it was an MGF,,and i wanted rid asap.
You can see the point that there is so many idiots out there who make decisions that cost so much dosh...

I only hope when i take my Viva for its first MOT (with me) it doesnt need alot,,think i will take it to the first garage i went to!!

Maybe i should take up welding...
Steve

Postby Geeza » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear about the horror story with the MGF,I think eveyone has had at least one of those.Best bet is to try and find a decent local garage and stick with them.Best of luck with the Vivas test make sure you let us know how you get on.
Cheers Sean.
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to General Discussion