DID THE CAR DIE?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

DID THE CAR DIE?

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:11 pm

Tonight I watched the final episode of LIFE ON MARS. I remember reading on this website that the green viva used in the show was owned by a club member. Tonight I saw a crash between a green HC crash into a grey Rover P6. Can anybody tell me if this was the same viva used in earlier episodes? or was it a different one? Was the car disstroyed in the making of this programme? Just as a side matter, my last classic car was a Cortina Mk3 in the same colours as the one used in the series by DCI HUNT. I sold the car last November to a local man, The only difference in my car and the one used on tv, was that mine was a P reg, from 1976.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Broken HC on Mars

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 pm

I actaully shouted at the TV :cry: .... LOL
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:27 am

Me too, It was like being in a real accident and my children all laughed at me when I shouted OH NO NOT THE VIVA. We have joked about letting our car go into film work, but my son Jake has told me no way now as he has seen what happened. Jake is 8, but suffered a stroke when he was young.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby kellyharding » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:12 am

I didn't catch the episode. But I suspect it was a wreck of a old Viva they did up enough to look good on the outside and then drove into another wreck of a car.

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:01 pm

I hope that you are right, but as viva's are not a lot of money to buy and when you consider the fact that it would cost them the same to buy a car as it would to hire one from an agency for 2 days, then it may have been a nice one.

Ian
AUTOMAN

DID THE CAR DIE?

Postby Sid » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 pm

Let's hope it was a tarted up scrapper, or better still a bit of CGI. They never showed the damage close up did they?, so lets hope!
I fear, as you say though, that it was probably a decent one :-(
After all 4 or 500 quid is probably nothing compared to the budget for a TV episode like that, and sadly TV producers don't really
appreciate that even *cheap* classics are irreplaceable.

I really don't think I could bring myself to watch re-runs of the original "Dukes of Hazzard" !
They reputedly wrecked over 60 Dodge Chargers!

Sid

----- Original Message -----
To: <general@vauxhallviva.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:01 AM
Subject: DID THE CAR DIE?

>
> I hope that you are right, but as viva's are not a lot of money to buy and when you consider the fact that it would cost them the
> same to buy a car as it would to hire one from an agency for 2 days, then it may have been a nice one.
>
> Ian
> --
> I have a need to own a Gold HB estate, but my Green HC SL etsate is still my baby for now.
> _________________________________________________________
> This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
> Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

DID THE CAR DIE?

Postby pbottomley » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm

I've seen this green on eon a few of the episodes so it's a real car
alright, and or maybe its not a real car anymore :( all I could see in
earlier shows was a 2 door green plain as hell HC, suspect as others had it
was just an expense of the programme, peanuts to them a heart ache to us and
a sad finish for a car :(

pbottomley

Re: DID THE CAR DIE?

Postby Clara » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:46 pm

Sid wrote:I really don't think I could bring myself to watch re-runs of the original "Dukes of Hazzard" !
They reputedly wrecked over 60 Dodge Chargers!

Sid

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*lands on soft part of floor*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:48 pm

if you looked at the Rover it was patched up and had grey primer. They did show a close up of that with the dead driver. The viva they didnt so hopefully it was not smashed.

they should write a coment at the end of the next series on the credits. BIT LIKE THEY DO WITH ANIMALS

NO CARS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS SERIES

LOL
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

DID THE CAR DIE?

Postby pbottomley » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:51 pm

True you never saw the viva close up!

Then again maybe the car was in need of wings, and inner wings, and the
owner said crash me car for £500 mate, no problem ! That way he could get
the work done and get it back on the road for free?

pbottomley

Return to General Discussion