Webmaster apologies

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Webmaster apologies

Postby pbottomley » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Dear all,

Some of you will be aware that I am under some stress at the minute from trying to moderate this forum, I am as I have said before not a club official, nor do I have anything to gain from BIG'ing up the club, other than the survival of the club itself, but I try and keep topics on track, support the known club aims, and promote the car.

Sometimes this is successfully sometimes its unsuccessful, for those of you who I have privately emailed and spoken to on the phone etc, you have and can judge as you see fit, I cannot stop that, Nor should I stop you from having a view. 8)

Again sorry if you feel I am having a go at you as an individual.

Clara... sorry pip squeak Yahoo tonight ? :?
Sid ... not sure how we move forward, chat always welcome? :?
John.... finished me welding, MSN tonight? :twisted:
Edd... we are cool I hope, always open for a chat? :lol:

... the list goes on and on....

(My yahoo and MSN links are on my profile for those of you that don’t have them) :?:

I again ask people to think harder before they post on the forum about the failings of the club (or any club for that matter), try to present a solution not a problem? I know that’s not always possible, but maybe say no solution offered / found ,in the post, so people know its not just a negative post, but a question.

For some examples of how I have approached this:

Users asked if they could add photos of their own cars to the site without the need to post them to me and ask me nicely? I could of said no, but what I did was create a medium for this.

Emails were a solution to the forum users who didn’t like (or couldn't at the time) log on to the internet all the time in order to read and post.

This email solution was complicated by certain users on dial ups getting flooded with emails from the forum, so a Digests solution was developed.

I know the list is all about the website but that’s because I do the website, but it demonstrates a positive attitude to problems, and a solution rather than a problem.

Some examples of good ideas so far from the forum are to consider:

1/. Welcome all viva owners, racers, modified, concours, dead in the garage... who cares as long as it’s a viva :D :D :D

2/. Constitution: say what the club does, is, stands for etc. :o

3/. Fees A review of the bigger picture, why have them, and if so what for? :?

The list as always could be extended (and will be!)

All I ask is we have some real passion in the forum users, both club members and non club members, loads of you have great insight to the past, and some great issues we all need to think about, some of you have great abilities and experience. But sometimes all that I can see is negativity and problem creation, not positive feedback and or idea creations.

All that said I think, we have a real good list of issues to present to a new committee, and give them something to get their teeth into, I for one will support them, as I can, who ever they might be.

Again if I have offended you I am sorry. I am somewhat of a viva nut so it comes as no surprise I have views as well. :oops:

Please feel free to add to this thread, I will not be locking it!!!

All praise for me and or the website can be better served by paying me in cash, so I might afford a holiday! :roll:
pbottomley

Webmaster apologies

Postby Sid » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:19 pm

> Sid ... not sure how we move forward

Seems we just have :-)

I knew you were only joking anyway ;-)

Sid

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva