I COUGHT A BUG AND CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE IT OFF.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

I COUGHT A BUG AND CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE IT OFF.

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:40 pm

For the past couple of months, I have been suffering from a bug that is now starting to affect my life. I went to see my doctor about it, but instead of curing me, he caught it from me. It is not a new condition, but it has only just been given a name, I am of course talking about "VIVA-ITUS".Since buying my first viva in january and then joining the club, I have since bought another two. I had to see my doctor for some routine tests and while I was there, we got talking about my car's, as he knew that I had a keen interest in them, so I told hime about my Viva's. The next time I saw him, he knocked on my door, saying that he was just passing and wondered if he could see my vehicles. I took him through to my back garden where two of them are parked and started them up for him, proudly showing him arround the beasts. He enquired about part availability etc and told me of a viva that was parked in his mum's garage which his dad used to drive him arround in when he was a boy. His dad died about 15 years ago and apart from using the car to learn to drive in, that is where my doctor had left it since. I thought to myself here comes the question, Would you like to buy it? or do you know of anybody who would? and also What do you think it may be worth? I must admit to being supprised when he told me that he was going to see if he could get the old girl started and see what sort of shape she was in. I warned him about what he should change or service before even attempting to re-commission the car, as he had previously explained to me that he knew very little about cars. He thanked me for my time and left. A few days later, there was another knock on my door and when I looked out of my window, I say a metalic blue viva hc sitting on the road outside my house. I answered the door to find my doctor stood there. He asked me if I would like a look at his car. I thought to myself, this must have been his dad's car, but he explained that it was not. He told me that he had sent his dad's car to a garage to be sorted properly, but was afraid of what they might find wrong with it, so decided to buy this one that he had heard about for £50.00. The car which is a 1976 two-door, is nice enough with a little MOT on it, and also now the doctor has insured and taxed it. He explained that after seeing my car's he had to drive one for himself and couldn't wait for his dad's one to be restored or worse still written off, so bought this one for the time being, but since buying it has decided to have it restored also when his father's car if completed.

Now that the doctor has cought my bug well and truly, I hope to now get him involved in the owners clubs and ensure that his condition remains un-treatable, just as mine has.

Ian
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:51 pm

:D Infectious to say the least....
pbottomley

Postby Geeza » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Man.A Viva with an MOT for £50.00 :shock: Why do I never find them? :(
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:23 pm

That was my thought, but sometimes people fall in s**t and come out smelling of roses, but I like the man so I am extremely happy for him and of course it looks like two viva cars have an assured future and have been saved. Maybe he should become a doctor of vehicles.
AUTOMAN

Postby Geeza » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:31 pm

Agreed :) Its always nice to hear of a Viva being saved,wish him luck with the restoration of the other car for me.
Cheers Sean.
Geeza
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Thanks, if I see him, then I will, but I don't think the time or the work is a problem, as I understand it, all the work will be carried out by a garage for him.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion