So why do we drive Viva`s

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

why do we drine em

Postby cossieviva » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:10 pm

for me my mates dad bought him a hb sl90 and a rear ended gt he took all the gt bits off and put them on his sl90 exept the engine i thought it looked fantastic and from that day on i was smitten with the viva [hb] bug :roll:
cossieviva

Postby shamm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:20 am

I blame the parents!!!

My day drove an 1800 HC while I was growing up.
Banging around the back lanes and helping him work on it made me want one of my own.

Steve.
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mazzo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:46 pm

We were a Viva family. First car I remember was a green HB. My parents then traded it in for a silver HB SL in 1970. Then came the big choice; one of those new(ish)-fangled chevette things or another newer Viva.

They bought the Viva HC in 1978 and I got it off them when it was 5 years old. I still have it.

Since then I've owned quite a few; 1800's, estates, 2.3 Magnum and lots of 1256's.

When I met my wife, she passed her test and got an HB. Now my kids think it is retro-cool and my eldest asks if she can have it if I pop my clogs!!!

There's something about the car that just makes me feel comfortable. It's so familiar that I can do most things almost eyes closed. The shape of the HC is just so curvy.

Sadly, if I won the lottery, I wouldn't want a ferarri or porsche. Just give me a 4 door SL 2300 - that's top of my list!
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion