Mr R Hammond

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby pbottomley » Sat May 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Horlicks is a nice drink.... :shock:
pbottomley

Mr R Hammond

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun May 14, 2006 10:34 am

Bikers wear the patches on the knees, from what I have seen on the telly, so they can use them for a substitute for the other missing wheels when cornering.
Oh bugger - I just gave up smoking my pipe- does that mean I need to sell my Viva.  I promise to keep wearing the cap!
----- Original Message -----
To: general@vauxhallviva.com (general@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:52 PM
Subject: Mr R Hammond

Please, please keep this publicity thing to a minimum. I really don't want it known I'm a member of the Viva Owners Club just yet. I'm not ready to come out. Please, I can't take ridicule, my biker mates won't speak to me, people will think I really wear leather patches on my elbows and smoke a pipe, wear a cap when driving, go to the pub wearing slippers, think gay means cheerful, have Horlicks at bedtime. Honest, I don't do any of those things yet...

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Clara » Tue May 16, 2006 2:08 pm

griffonmark wrote:Please, please keep this publicity thing to a minimum. I really don't want it known I'm a member of the Viva Owners Club just yet. I'm not ready to come out. Please, I can't take ridicule, my biker mates won't speak to me, people will think I really wear leather patches on my elbows and smoke a pipe, wear a cap when driving, go to the pub wearing slippers, think gay means cheerful, have Horlicks at bedtime. Honest, I don't do any of those things yet...

Hang on a second. A quick look in the hallway shows that my biking jacket has patches on it's elbows. And there are patches on the trouser knees because all real bikers enjoy putting their knees in the gutter around sharp corners (?!)

And since when has gay not meant colourful?! :?
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jeff66 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Blimey this all seems very familiar.... I own a and race a Mopar a '66 Dodge. He done the same with the Charger he bought... When it is finished, it ends up for sale at a VERY inflated price.

All you posts on help and getting involved are the same as the ones we had on the Mopar site.

Oh and the Charger he drove on Top Gear belong to my mate.

Offer as much as you like it will surely be greatly recieved by them/him. Don't expect anything in return though.
What the hell is that?
jeff66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:38 pm

If you mean the Firenza ends up for sale at an inflated price, that would not surprise me in the slightest... Which was why I suggested a while back, that we offer our help and advise as a club on the understanding that if it is put up for sale after, the proceeds go to a charity of Mr Hammond's choice... I mean, can he really need the money.

Somehow though, I have the feeling this will not happen... Still, we can but wait and see.

Did that sound too synical?
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Clara » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:46 am

Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Mr R Hammond

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 pm

All sounds a bit familiar - It sounds like his commitment  is flagging a bit - and yes there are always things that get in the way of getting on with it. ( says he who bought Flo the firenza in 1999!! as a part finished project which has now graduated to a part started project - 2 divorces, 3 properties, and still a heart bypass to come!!!).
Still, I should make Billings in the HC Estate - see you all there.
Fred
----- Original Message -----
To: general@vauxhallviva.com (general@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 12:46 AM
Subject: Mr R Hammond

http://www.mirror.co.uk/motoring/richardhammond/tm_objectid=17164984%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=no%2dtime%2dfor%2dmy%2dfirenza-name_page.html

I wont die on my bike,

Probably a few minutes later in a nearby field.

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby TommyDeVito » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:38 pm

I've not had time to read all of the above, but I think if someone in his position has chosen to buy a Viva/Firenza to work on and have fun with then people should give him a chance to see how he gets on with it and should be encouraged. Surely it's a good thing.
TommyDeVito

Postby jeff66 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:43 pm

Nah! He done the same thing to my other club a while ago! Remember... He does this for one thing, MONEY! It's his job.
What the hell is that?
jeff66
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby TommyDeVito » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:37 pm

Well, fair enough and very true. But he is also a car nut and I'd be interested to see what he does with this Firenza. Just seems a shame to me to instantly *Bleep* all over it without being given a chance. I left the Imp Club and pretty much all of it's people and their poxy forum behind recently because they became too nasty to waste the time on.

Although, I must admit I was peed off when Hammond went on and on about buyng a Dodge Charger, bought one and then flogged it for really lame reasons! That was irritating.
TommyDeVito

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion