Female in distress!!!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Female in distress!!!

Postby rachel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:46 pm

I need some help here - please!!!
I have a firenza and I love it :wink:
My bloke on the other hand hates it and won't even attempt to amuse me by 'listening' when I talk about it!!!
I'm assuming there are some of you out there experiencing the same problem?? - How do you deal with it?
Apart from running him over in it, I can't see that I'm ever gonna get the two of them any where near each other!
(I was joking about the running over part :wink: )
rachel

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:01 pm

when you get it back from welding (if not already) take him for a drive to Lands end, and leave him there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pbottomley

Postby dann01 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:17 pm

In all seriousness, it will take time.

I recently bought a car the wife saw no sense in (Since when does sense come into any of the cars we really enjoy and love?) and she too would have nothing to do with the car, even in conversation.

However, I would suggest the following:
1 - Never ask for help on it. Keep it as reliable as possble. Do not give them the ammo to be able to say "I told you so."
2 - Do not discuss it. Let them make the first move.
3 - Go everywhere in it. If they insist on driving, fair enough, go with them, but otherwise, do the driving and drive your own car where ever and when ever possible.
4 - Do not defend the car or yourself against the jibes and insults. It only winds them up to see you are not rising to the obvious bait.
5 - Be cool, they will eventually come round.

If all else fails, bring them to Billing under some pretense, and I can make it look like an accident for a price.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby Tigran » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:57 pm

I find the best way is to split up with your significant other, then buy the car to keep your mind off them. Works a treat!

(in my own special meaning of logic)
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Clara » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:59 am

Pick up said significant other from the train station in your vehicle. I find this works best if he's never seen it before. Let him panic about the lack of seatbelts / air bags / suspension / CD player / coffee maker.

Then take him on a 300 mile journey being sure to swing the back end out at every roundabout possible each time he complains about the car. Adjusting the car before so she happily runs at 90mph is also a bonus.

Pull up and remove his hands that are now gripping tightly to the dash board (mine still has the finger nail marks) and put him on the side of the road - ask him with as much enthusiasm as you can "isn't this car great?! *bounce bounce bounce huge smile*

If he loves you he'll say yes and never mention the car again. If he doesn't drive off and leave him.

Oh, and experience (not me officer) says that getting them just a little stoned before you put them in the car works a treat. :lol:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:19 pm

After 'X' amount of years trying to get the other half interested, give up, and just let all the comments go in one ear and out the other and carry on regardles. having an empty head like me helps with this. :shock:
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby rachel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:08 pm

HA HA HA,
You guys are great!!! Thanks for the support :wink:
I'm definatley not gonna rise to the comments now and play it cool.
It would be tempting to leave him at lands end but he's got family there - doh!! Maybe Scotland would work!!! hmm...
I will be using it everyday so its gonna have to be reliable - which I am confident with :D especially as I'm gonna have to sell my current car to keep the Firenza (due to lack of space - not because of 'him' as he likes to think he he he).
He may come to Santa Pod with me in it the first weekend in July so that'll be a good time to show him how its really done - not that i'll be taking it down the strip but I can scare him on the trip to and from!!!
Its gonna be tough getting him to Billing though but hey, I'm sure I'll have more fun withouth him!!!
Thanks again for all your comments - keep them coming if you think of any more - you have certainley all cheered me up :D
rachel

Return to General Discussion