URGENT HELP REQUIRED TO SAVE AN HB ESTATE FROM DEATH.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

URGENT HELP REQUIRED TO SAVE AN HB ESTATE FROM DEATH.

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:35 am

AS some of you may know, it is my dream to save viva estates especially hb's. I have found one in Bolton Lancashire which will certainly die next week unless I am able to find somebody to collect and store it for me as my usual reccovery driver is on holiday for the next 2 weeks. All I know is that the car is an H reg, I found it after Adrian told me about glass that I need, being sold on ebay at the moment.

I contacted the current owner and told him of the situation regarding hb estates and he understands and is now sending me pics of the car. I will be contacting him by telephone to try to hold off the car's impending death sentence

I love these cars with a passion, and can't watch another one die, so please help me to save this one, as I will restore it no matter what it's state.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
PLEASE PLEASE HELP A VIVA.

Thank you for reading this, I do hope that I am able to post good news about this car soon.

A somber but hopeful

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Tigran » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:04 am

I would but I have absolutley no access to a trailer and way too young to rent a two vehicle. WHere abouts is it?
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Tigran » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:04 am

Tigran wrote:I would but I have absolutley no access to a trailer and way too young to rent a two vehicle. WHere abouts is it?

Sorry just read that it's in Bolton.
Slippin, Slidin, Glidin, Lowridin'

1964 Rover P5 i6
1976 Vauxhall Viva Coupe - The Judge - DET baby!
1988 BMW 525e - The Rusty Streak

Have a look at GS Autoworks Facebook page, it's more amazing than levitation!
Tigran
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:32 am

SADLY announcing the death of " TBA 969H " A brave little Vauxhall Viva Estate. This car was driven into a garage in August 1979 at the age of 10 years. She boasted a bright personality, 12 months M.o.t. and was taxed. Unfortunately, her key was never to be turned again and the gentleman that owned her though well meaning, eventually contributed to her demise, killing her with kindness. The gentleman got older and the car was not used, eventually the garage that stored her fell upon her, causing dammage to the roof and leaving holes where there should be none. For the past 8 years she has sat in all weathers untill now when her elderly owner is away, and his son-in-law has been instructed by the owner's wife to clear the garden. The garage, what was left of it was dissmantled, revealing the gohstly figure of a long forgotten Viva HB estate, crying out desperately to be released from its hell. It did carry a donor card and parts that were saved placed for public auction to allow other such cars to carry on the fight for survival. Today the bonnet was lifted on the car for the final time and the front end of such a once fine beast gave a last gasp, colapsing with rot to the floor. She is to be finaly removed next week on a trailer to her final resting place.

Goodbuye TBA 969H, We tried to save you, but were just to late.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby crazy viva lady » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:09 am

:cry: I would never have believed someone could give such a good tribute to a car (even a Viva HB estate) but you have proven me wrong cause you had me with a tear running down my cheek :cry:
crazy viva lady

Postby dann01 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:59 am

Where do we send flowers?
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to General Discussion