Back on the road again

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Back on the road again

Postby lisbon_road » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:23 am

After three and a half years off the road, my 1967 Viva is back. I got it from storage in my parents garage, got a friend with a truck to bring it to our house, then a minor matter of getting it up our very steep drive (ever seen 'Ice cold in Alex', I used a hoist), then new rear cylinders, indicator switch made from several, new master cylinder, moved calliper pistons in and out to free them up, new clutch as it has seized and the plate looked horrible, and we have an MOT. The stale petrol doesn't seem too bad too. Few things to do, especially fit new headlining my mum made, new window seals from Glenn (thanks), new sealing strip lost in the ether somewhere, and so on. The indicator/lights switch was a bit of a battle and I do wonder if it might be worth wiring in some relays so that the current from the headlights does not go through it as it seems excessive. As I can't see myself taking it out in the dark much, perhaps that can wait. Also need to put new seals in the callipers I think, and perhaps see if I can get some asbestos free brake pads. Back to Viva motoring. Jon
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:01 pm

Great stuff, I have also started work on my 1967 HB SL estate. It's going to be a long job, but after the heart attacks it's good to be playing with the cars again. I also hope to meet some of you at Billing this coming weekend.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion