New guy, old Viva

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

New guy, old Viva

Postby chadders » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Hi all, I'm new to these here parts, but I've just got me ma first Viva. Actually, it just so 'appens that my "new" Viva is also in your gallery, so someone may know it. JVV 153N, is the beastie in question, and I must admit to being impressed. After many years driving ol' Fords, MG's and Jags, this is my first Vauxhall ever. I had to drive it (him/her ???) 40 odd miles back home and it was a great drive, and very frugal on fuel (at a £ a litre round here thats a bonus!)
The car will need some work doing to put right a little bit of damage where it came second in a fight with a white van man, but its nothing that a hammer, a former and just a little filler for good measure, can't sort out. All I need is some time, but I'll try and keep you posted as and when I get anything done.
Cheers for now,
Mark :D
chadders

Postby hbpeter » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:44 pm

Welcome, and well done on buying a viva. If you need any advice ask away on here, someone will know the answer.
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Clara » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:06 pm

Which car is it? (I can't work out how to use the garae to search for number plates)

welcome!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:13 pm

Good god its my old car (or should i say the Girlfriends) Give me a tinkle anytime and i will let you know what the cars history is etc...

I am in Nuneaton near Coventry if you want to meet up etc.... Nice to heer the car went to a nice home... HE is faithful and reilable. :)

Two and half years of Girlfriend driving is more than a test of any car ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
pbottomley

Postby chadders » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:36 pm

Hi Paul, I'd be interested to find out more about HIM. I've read the small amount of information attached to the photo album on here, but I'd love to know more.
If its fine tomorrow, I'm going to start and see how much work I'm going to have to put into straightening the panels. It doesn't look too bad but I'll know more in the cold light of day.
I'll tell you one thing though, its a real smooth runner, very quiet when I pulled up at lights. I kept thinking that he had cut out!! :?
The only problem is that I've been given so many spares I haven't got anywhere to store them. 1 windsreen, 2 rear screens, front and back bumbers, a bonnet (!), and only God knows whats crammed in the boot, I know its rammed, but its going to have to stay in there for the moment or I'm going to have to start sleeping outside, coz the missus won't be best pleased if I start loading it into the kitchen! :twisted:
chadders

Postby Clara » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:37 pm

Cooolllll!!!!
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:17 pm

spares are always useful LOL :wink:

if you look under cars for sale i did i write up on "VJ" (thats what we called him) also might have a copy of the original addd we got him from intresting life spent burried in cow dung etc will do a email to you tomorrow with all i have... where are you based?
pbottomley

Postby kellyharding » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:30 pm

Hi chadders,

I'm 'The Girlfriend' Paul refers to, :lol:.

I used that car pretty much every day, never let me down. Lovely little car.

Only reason he went is 'cos a 2 door tax-free came up, and we did a swap deal for him.

If you're interested in more information about the car, theres a bit about it on my website (all of the 'fleet' cars are on there ;) ). http://geekgothgrrl.co.uk/node/62

Glad to see he has gone to good home :)

Hope to see him at shows, etc :)

Regards,

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby chadders » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:46 am

HI Paul, I'm only down the Road in Burton on Trent
chadders

Return to General Discussion