LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:37 pm

Hello everybody,

As you may have read, I am selling my green Hc estate and also offering my Gls estate to a good home. You may have also seen that I was going to buy a red estate from tinkerman, but due to my heart causing me problems again, this fell through and I would like to appollogise to you Paul (publicly) for this.

My wife and mother have come up with an idea that thay want to buy me a HB estate that has come up for sale in Scotland. I have spoken to the chap who currently owns this car, and he has agreed to let me have it when-ever I like.

After talking to Paul Bottomley this evening on the telephone, we thought it may be a nice idea to have the car driven from Scotland to South Wales by members of this club to achieve two results. Firstly this would get the car home for me, but secondly we thought that it would be a great way of raising money for charity.

After thinking about this, my wife and I also thought that this would be a great oppertunity to set a world reccord at the same time, something allong the lines of the largest number of drivers to have driven one car in one day etc, or the longest convoy of Viva's essembled together in Great Britian.

Due to the fact that both myself and my wife are registered Blind, we also thought that the charity could be something like Guide dogs for the Blind, as a car gives mobility to most people, while a Guide dog is just as important to somebody with poor vision.

Please could you show me your support by contacting me directly and also posting a reply hear, so that we could get a feeling of what members are willing to do, so that we can organise something soon.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope we can do something as a club to support a worth-while cause.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:14 am

Just tell us what you want doing and we'll be there! :D
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Chevetter » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:28 am

I doubt that me being in Leics/Southampton most of the time will help in any way but if I can help in any way then I will do.
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:39 pm

I'll help if at all possible, I'm in the north east, near Stockton-on-Tees, I'll certainly throw some sponsership in your direction.
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

OOPS what did i start with Ian, ohh dear i feel a long weekend of trouble, LOL

Ian we need to knwo your time scales, if the car can wait a month then it possible to orgainse some bodies to drive the car, and give people time to get charity funds together? Can you let us knwo what the time scales are in order to decide if we can make a real go at this?
:D
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:19 pm

Thank you Paul,

Jim the chap that is looking after the car at the moment, is willing to keep it for as long as we need him to. He is also a machanic, so has said that the car will be given a in-depth going over before we even attempt to drive the car all that way.

The car is a silver 1970 viva HB SL estate, with a 1600cc engine in it. It has just passed it's M.O.T. and has only covered 36,000 miles. The car is known to the club (Adrian) having only had 1 previous owner. It also has a genuine Vauxhall tow-bar fitted. I will be sending pictures to you Paul, in the hope that you could post them on the site for me.

We would need to know how much help we can get from club members in order that we may sort out a route etc.

I have also been in touch with my local ITV 1 company, who have told me that they would be happy to speak to other ITV regions, to publicise the event for us, thus raising the profile of what we are hoping to do and also this should generate interest in the club and therefore the Viva.

I am awaiting a reply from Guiness Word Reccords, to find out what sort of reccord we could possably break.

I am also waiting for Guide Dogs for the Blind to contact me, regarding us being able to donate any funds raised to them to ensure that we have their permission to use their logo etc.

I don't know who to contact at Vauxhall to see if they could help in any way, so if anybody can help I would be greatful.

We should also be thinking about sponsors, so any help or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Sounds like we are off to a good start, so please help in what ever whay you can.

Thank you,

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby pbottomley » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:40 pm

Ive added some pictures of Ians silver HB estate to his Garage.... here is a link to see the sexy beast :D

http://www.vauxhallviva.com/vivaforum/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=80

Enjoy the pictures and better still maybe a drive of the car?
pbottomley

Postby steff » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi guys

Just back from holiday today and noticed your thread on the HB Estate. As you may know the Viva is currently only a mile down the road from me so happy to help in anyway i can. I have seen the car and the photos are a genuine picture of the car as i saw it last month although it does appear to have had a new set of plug leads!.

Happy to drive the car the first leg of the trip, perhaps if there are any other club members in central Scotland then they could share the journey with me. Just let me know what you need, the route, dates etc.

Cheers

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:14 am

Ian/Paul,
If I can be of help in any way let me know. I live in Newport, Shropshire which could be close to the route taken. Unfortunately timing is not good at the moment as I am just into a recovery from a "refit" (Triple bypass operation) and will not be much use to man nor beast for the next 3  - 4 weeks. If nothing else I can provide a cup of tea, bag of spanners, or whatever.
Cheers
Fred
----- Original Message -----
To: general@vauxhallviva.com (general@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:19 PM
Subject: LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Thank you Paul,

Jim the chap that is looking after the car at the moment, is willing to keep it for as long as we need him to. He is also a machanic, so has said that the car will be given a in-depth going over before we even attempt to drive the car all that way.

The car is a silver 1970 viva HB SL estate, with a 1600cc engine in it. It has just passed it's M.O.T. and has only covered 36,000 miles. The car is known to the club (Adrian) having only had 1 previous owner. It also has a genuine Vauxhall tow-bar fitted. I will be sending pictures to you Paul, in the hope that you could post them on the site for me.

We would need to know how much help we can get from club members in order that we may sort out a route etc.

I have also been in touch with my local ITV 1 company, who have told me that they would be happy to speak to other ITV regions, to publicise the event for us, thus raising the profile of what we are hoping to do and also this should generate interest in the club and therefore the Viva.

I am awaiting a reply from Guiness Word Reccords, to find out what sort of reccord we could possably break.

I am also waiting for Guide Dogs for the Blind to contact me, regarding us being able to donate any funds raised to them to ensure that we have their permission to use their logo etc.

I don't know who to contact at Vauxhall to see if they could help in any way, so if anybody can help I would be greatful.

We should also be thinking about sponsors, so any help or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Sounds like we are off to a good start, so please help in what ever whay you can.

Thank you,

Ian
AUTOMAN.

MY WIFE FELL IN LOVE WITH VIVAS' AT BILLING. I HAVE SURVIVED 3 HEART ATTACKS. I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH IS THE BIGGER MIRACLE.

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 am

Fred, good luck and all that..... a cup of Tea would be the best bet ! as long as we have "NICE" biscuits and cucaumber sandwichs with the crusts cut off?

Looks like we need at leats a driver from glassgow south to manchester area?

I am sure we can find some Manchester sorta way based driver to brum area

I can do Brum way to Chepstow area and then its the short hope to cardiff from there.

Ideally we needs loads of people who can add there names to a list? or should we do a grand tour of places on route ?
pbottomley

Next

Return to General Discussion