LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:43 pm

I will officially put my hand up as willing (but then thats obvious as it was me and Ians idea!).

Basically I am game to do anything to drive a nice 1600 HB estate..... :D

I think Tinkerman is also willing to help, Fred has said yes (to tea and cakes on the lawn) and Steff. Thats three poss four drivers so far.

I know a few more will be willing if pressganged e.g the flat earth people (AKA Norfolk folk) and some of the London people
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:42 pm

Tea on the lawn could turn into a burnt sandy brown do if we don't have some rain soon!!    (shades of Dakar Rally!!!!!!!)
----- Original Message -----
To: general@vauxhallviva.com (general@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:43 PM
Subject: LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

I will officially put my hand up as willing (but then thats obvious as it was me and Ians idea!).

Basically I am game to do anything to drive a nice 1600 HB estate..... Image

I think Tinkerman is also willing to help, Fred has said yes (to tea and cakes on the lawn) and Steff. Thats three poss four drivers so far.

I know a few more will be willing if pressganged e.g the flat earth people (AKA Norfolk folk) and some of the London people

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby hbpeter » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 pm

If you end up coming in my direction I will help. Might be able to help in otherways depending on when it all happens, but count me in for something, like Paul, I want to drive a 1600HB Estate.
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Clara » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Alas for the next six months I'll have no time off as I'm just about to enter a contract for employment (yeeyyy) but if there is any thing you need doing in the background or at weekends don't hesitate to contact me.

AND NO WEARING YOURSELF OUT AUTOMAN! There are loads of people out here who'll help. If you get ill again we'll be sending handcuffs for your wife to force you to rest.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:13 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: Fred Dukes (fred.dukes@tesco.net)
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Tea on the lawn could turn into a burnt sandy brown do if we don't have some rain soon!!    (shades of Dakar Rally!!!!!!!)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:43 PM
Subject: LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Basically I am game to do anything to drive a nice 1600 HB estate..... Image

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Just to let you know that Ian Coomber, has contacted me regarding this event.

Ian is backing our efforts and is going to approach Vauxhall on our behalf to see if they will lend their support in some way to our efforts.

He also suggests that we think of a catchy name for the event, something that will headline well and that will sit easy in the minds of people wishing to participate, spectate or even read about what we are doing.

When we have firmed up our plans for the event, Ian is willing to contact all other members of the VBOA to ask for their support and invite them to take part as well.

He does also advise caution regarding sponsorship by Vauxhall, telling me that the recieve around 10 requests each day to sponsor causes equelly as worthy as ours.

I believe that on the whole, Ian's response is very positave and I wrote back to him, to thank him for his support on behalf of all of us. I invited him to make further suggestions, should he have any.

I believe that it can't hurt to have somebody with Ian's contacts supporting us and hope that you all feel the same.

Your suggestions would be welcome for a name for the event.

Ian
Automan.
AUTOMAN

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:09 am

i would be willing to do a driving stint from 30 miles in either direction from my location which is clipstone,mansfield nottinghamshire if im all clear with the dates i would get my mate to follow me in my viva gt. iv given my location so you can plan a route but i wont be offended if you cant pull me in on the vivas epic journey, but the helps there if you need it! :D
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby kellyharding » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:41 am

Obviouly if Paul helps out, assuming one of his Vivas is on the road I'll be able to drive behind him and so on on his stint, etc (assuming he doesn't do more than 40-50 miles in one go!).

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Hello every-one,

While planning this event, we have come up with two different options and as I am counting on the good-will of the volunteers my wife Marie and I thought that we should place both options before you in order that a decission which suites all can be reached.

The Route,

Either we could drive streight from "COATBRIDGE" in Scotland, where the car is now, to Cardiff in South Wales where I live.

Or:-

We could drive the car from "COATBRIDGE" via WHITBREAD HOP FARM, for the show which is on the weekend of 16th-17th of september.

The first option involves a trip of just under 400 miles, whilst the seccond option is just over 650 in total.

I believe the second option to be best as the trip could be split up into 3 legs of driving.

Firstly a distance of 244 miles, from Coatbridge to Bakewell in Derbyshire. We have seccured a pre-reservation to camp at "LATHKILL DALE CAMPSITE" for Friday 15th September.

Secondly a trip from the campsite to "WHITBREAD HOP FARM" for the pre-show get-together on the saturday, and the driving distance is 212 miles. I think that thes would be the ideal place to start joining together as a convoy, collecting members and cars as we pass through the Midlands on our way south to Kent. Adrian has already seccured camping permission for that evening, so staggering home would not be a problem.

I then thought that members may like to show their cars on the Sunday, so I thought that this could either be a rest-day, where we all pat each-other on the back and raise more money for our cause as well as awareness of the viva.

Thirdly, we could either drive the car the final stretch of the trip to Cardiff, a total of 200 miles that night or even find another campsite or even if possible stay put for another night before traveling back to Cardiff on the Monday.

I preffered this option, as it gives more of a chance for people to get involved as the event would be spread over a total of four days, with a break in the middle.

As far as a name for the event is concerned, it has been suggested that we call it " A DRIVE FOR INDEPENDANCE ". The drive part being self explanitary, but the independance part reffering to what a Guide dog would provide for it's owner.

Your suggestions and oppinions upon all points are now welcomed, so please start thinking.

Thank you to all of you,

Ian
Automan.
AUTOMAN

viva run

Postby my first car » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:21 pm

hi guys i no im in belfast but ill be driving thought scotland stranaer to dunfriss , carlisle and on down to blackpool i dont mind taking part of the drive if the times scale fits in in fact i would be privleged i arrive in scotland on the 31 august
my first car
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion