"A DRIVE FOR INDEPENDENCE" Rough route.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm

i dont mind if you shift leg 5 30 or 40 miles up north if it helps to get more drivers involved i know it makes leg 5 nearly 100miles but its only a few hours of my time and if everyone can spare a couple of hours we could shorten some of the legs and get more folk involved! so common guys its a really good cause!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:41 pm

Matt you are a Star, and so are you Paul, now I feel a lot better, thanks guys.

Ian
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

"A DRIVE FOR INDEPENDENCE" Rough route.

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:36 pm

Don't get too excited about CCW this week as I cannot see a reprint of the event so unless I have missed it somewhere CCW have let you down this week - maybe it will be in next weeks. Anyway happy birthday Ian!
----- Original Message -----
To: general@vauxhallviva.com (general@vauxhallviva.com)
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:07 PM
Subject: "A DRIVE FOR INDEPENDENCE" Rough route.

I forgot to mention that I have had replys from the BBC who along with ITV have agreed to send reporters to cover the event. (I just hope we don't make the club look silly).

It should be remembered that Classic Car Weekly has also said that they would re-print the article done last week, but without the misstakes. The new edition is out 17th August, (my birthday) so don't forget to go out and get it, as it will be a usefull aid to obtaining sponsors.

It is looking a bit better now so lets not give up or get to down-hearted because whatever we raise is going to a good cause.

Ian.
Automan.

MY WIFE FELL IN LOVE WITH VIVAS' AT BILLING. I HAVE SURVIVED 3 HEART ATTACKS. I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH IS THE BIGGER MIRACLE.

This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby pbottomley » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:07 pm

LOL fred, why doesnt that supprise me.. I sometimes wonder if CCW is run by "I cannot be Ar..s.ED" journo's, they make mistake after mistake.

BUT like the old saying goes, there is no such thing as negative publicity, we got the event mentioned, lets just see how it goes.

There are realy only two aims of the event money and a car back at Ian's, everything else was a bonus :D
pbottomley

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:28 pm

if anybody wants to take some of the beggining or the end of my leg to try and get more people involved(more sponsorship money) then thats ok with me i dont mind doing the whole of my leg but i was just thinking maybe other people wouldnt have minded doing some driving in that area and perhaps felt that because it was already taken there was nothing they could contribute! if i could just say that if like myself you probably dont do enough good things on this earth nows your time to redeem yourself its not that i do bad things its just that i dont do enough good things, so common and do your bit for a worthwhile cause!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:02 pm

were are very short of drivers as it is, I suspect we would rather you did slighty more than less. :?
pbottomley

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:25 pm

im prepared to do more, like i posted earlier it was just a suggestion for that area in case people felt they couldnt do any driving in that area because id already took it!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion