We now have the drivers.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

We now have the drivers.

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased and relieved to announce that we now have the drivers we need to ensure that "A DRIVE FOR INDEPENDENCE", can go ahead. It is now a one day event taking place on Saturday, September the 9th.

The car will start it's journey at 8 am. and will be driven by Steff. Paul Galagher will be following in his car in support of the main car. at sometime between 9:30 and 10 am. the car should arrive at Southwaite Service area and buckets will be shaken to try to raise more funds for "Guide Dogs".

At 10:45 the car will be driven by Mark, with his wife in the support car, to Charnock Richard Service Area, arrival at this point is due some-where between, 12:15 and 12:45 pm. Again the buckets will be shaken to try to part people with cash.

1:30 pm. is when the car driven by Mike Stanley with Matt Truscott in support will be on the road again, this time to Frankley Service Area, it is due to be there between 3 and 3:30 pm. Out again come the buckets to try to encourage purses and wallets to be opend and their contents donated.

Enter the 2 Pauls'. Messrs Bottomley and London carry the responsorbility of seeing the car home to Cardiff, leaving Frankley sometime around 4:15 pm.

Thank you to the above for their generosity in both time and spirit. Now they have done their bit it's now up to everybody-else to try to raise as much money as possible in both donations and sponsorship. We have allready raised 300 pounds in cash with more pledged in sponsorship. If you have not allready done so, please either send to me for a form, or download one from this site. If you raise a penny then that is a penny more for Guide dogs, where every penny counts. Please ask your friends, family, work chums etc to give. If you think that you may be far to embarraced to ask them, just think how a blind person feel if they walk into a closed door or fall into a hole in the pavement. I know this feeling all to well and please believe me that it is not a nice feeling or one that I have ever gotten used to.

Please look out for more details of the following weekend, the weekend of the National, where the car will be appearing. Also please could you let me know if you have already downloaded a copy of the sponsorship/donation form.

Thank you all very much,

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby kellyharding » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Great news!

All the best with it on the day etc! :)

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:51 pm

Thanks Kelly, whithout your patients it would not have been possible.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion