Soatbox - Toff Website Forums

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Soatbox - Toff Website Forums

Postby dann01 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:47 pm

Just recently I took a look at the Practical Classics Magazine website, and found a chat forum. Having read some of the posts, I thought this isn't too bad, and began serfing the subjects on a regular basis.

But then I read a little deeper into some of the comments made, and you know how it is, you start to put voices in your head to the comments your see on the page. Like the voices they used for the likes of 'That's Life' for the captions. And I suddenly realised. I was imagining these voices as though they had plumbs in their mouths. Further, as I read on, more than a fair shair of the posts made talked about Jags, and what I call high end classics. Even more disturbing, was that just of few of these people, disgarded everyone's views but their own, and put the comments of others down as drivel (You know, quoting them, and then making some derogatory remark after)

As if all this, wasn't enough, the forum has more than it's fair shair of anal retentives that probably have serious vitamin D deficiencies, as all they seem to do, is make posts... They also need sense of humour injections.

I thank the gods of cars, that we don't suffer from the scurge that is classic car snobery. I'll read the mag, but bugger their forum.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to General Discussion