Press releases to Classic papers and Mags.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:20 am

Just got my CCW and noticed that in the "snippets" there is a small paragraph about the VVOC. It reads like there is some doubt about our future which I believe is misleading and should be clarified by the Club ASAP. I suggest that a suitable statement is released to all classic papers/mags to allay any misconceptions that the club is anything other that fit and healthy :)
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:33 pm

What has been written?

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:30 pm

We must not worry too much about this article, nor must we fear what has been done. I have spoken to Jeremy from Classic Car Weekly. He informed me that most of the classic press have recieved a copy of an open letter that was not signed, which slanders Adrian Miller and all of the new members of the committee of the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club. The people responsorble for writting this letter and sending it to the classic press are cowards and did not have the courage to sign their name to the allogations that they have made in this letter. I am to be forwarded a copy of this letter by Jeremy and also we are to be given the oppertunity to put the story right and to have published the correct information.

A copy of this letter will also be sent to Adrian and the club's solicitors to find out what and if any action we can take, should we decide to.

The ardicle that appeard in CCW this week reads as follows:-

"VIVA OWNERS CLUB TO REFORM.

Following the departure of Chairman Adrian Miller, the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club is considering its future with a view to reforming if circumstances allow. More news when we recieve it."

We offer friendship and it is thrown back at us. That is not nice, but we will not sink to a lower level, or even as low as some would like us to go.

I will Keep all club members informed.

Ian.
CHAIRMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi Fred.

It sucks but thanks for letting us know.

I'll be having a word with the rest of the magazines tomorrow.
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Carnt some people grow up and act their age!! We all have a common cause.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby Pork Pie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:32 pm

There is always one.
But hey at least it has given us the best form of publicity and Clara didnt have to write anything. Its told everyone that Adrian has left the club and something could happen. Turn the negative into the positive, send them the new clubs tel number and some details and bingo, another national press listing with the vvoc new tel number, as they always follow up on statements made.
I think many on this forum can see throught the mud throwing and it wont alter our own thoughts on what has been a very big year on the viva front of things.
Pork Pie

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 pm

We are a large club with wisdom on our side. They say that "Ignorance is bliss", so lets all enjoy a little bliss for a while and see what-else is thrown at us as I do believe that new reccords should be played to us now as the old ones are getting boring.

Ian..
AUTOMAN

Postby dann01 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 pm

I expected something like this. I am only surprised that we didn't learn of it sooner.

To react too adversely to any comments made in an unsigned letter to anyone, would just be playing into their hands. By all mean's put the record straight with the mags, but let's not make a song and dance out of it. If we do, they have won.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby lisbon_road » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:47 am

I must say, that I find this an extra ordinary story, and very sad when the club seems to be on a high at the moment. I agree that we should not react to this, and that we should avoid any expense fighting it.
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:06 am

It is good that Ian has got to the bottom of this fairly quickly. I think that the least we should do is give a clear statement to the press for publication stating the clubs positive progress into 2007.
A letter to current membership would also re-assure that the Club is fit and healthy.
Don't forget that it is coming up for membership renewal and there are a lot of members who do not have the benefit of communication on the forum.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Next

Return to General Discussion