Soapbox - Xmas drivers.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Soapbox - Xmas drivers.

Postby dann01 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:51 pm

I refuse to drive until Christmas is over. I swear, here in my sleepy old corner of Oxfordshire, the IQ of the average driver has dropped significanly. What's more, I think that the closer it gets to Christmas, the lower the inteligence of people who get behind the wheel will get.

Today, I witnesses a woman 4X4 driver, holding up the traffic in the town's highstreet, because she was pointing something out to her male passenger. He even looked back, I watched him, only instead of prompting her to drive on, as I would normally expect, he sat and nodded. The traffic lights at the end of the road had well changed by the time she decided to move on, and she proceeded to drive straight through the red... Amazing.

I wish I could say I had more faith in Xmas pedestrians, but no. As the days role by, they seem to become even more suicidal. The lights change, you begin to move off, and still young mums with push chairs chance their luck (Or rather their children's luck, as the buggy is in the road first) And they would no doubt scream blue murder that it was the drivers fault that their child was killed.

Xmas - turns normal rational poeple into mindless morons. I'm gonna stay home... Or let the wife drive. I've had enough.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:03 am

Every year, I take my car off the road from 21st untill 3rd Jan. It is just a habbit that I have gotten used too unless the journey is absolutely unavoidable. Now I don't drive at all, I do not even let my car be used by anybody else. My wife will be having her car home for the holidays tommorrow from the girl that drives her arround for pretty much the same reason.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby Cold Snail » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:48 am

Well, for my occupation I need to drive at night through town centers.

The drivers are bad, but pedestrians are even worse, some don't know what a crossing five yards away is.
All the best, Paul.
Cold Snail
I'm free!!!

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:17 am

Bring back Tufty or the Green Cross Code man.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby hbpeter » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Another of my pet hates. Agree with Dan, this time of year all the loonies come out of hiding and take to the roads. I had a similar experiance to Dan, woman stopped holding everyone up, then drove off and straight through a red light. And dont get me started on most taxi drivers!! One tonight, the road is covered in a hard frost, you would think it had been snowing. The taxi wants to pull out of a small side road, he sees me coming, waits till I am almost on hm, then decides to pull out!! For once I was glad I was in a car with anti lock brakes, even with them I was all over on the ice and the cheeky pilchard blows his horn at me!!!

We have had fog the last few days. Who wants to bet how long it is before all the wallies turn off the rear fog light??
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Return to General Discussion