Club Spares Policy.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Club Spares Policy.

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Members have asked for clarification as to what the policy of the club is regarding spare parts, so I do hope that the following will help as a guide to how where and from who we as a club feel that you can obtain spare parts for your car.

Firstly I can tell you that we have created a new post for anybody wishing to try obtain spare parts or sell items that members can contact. The person that you should contact regarding this is Paul London, who is now the spares co-ordinator for the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club. Paul will have a list of people that you can contact, should you be looking for a specific part.

The club itself holds no spare parts, but we do have exclusive access to "Viva Spares", run by Adrian Miller. Viva Spares is a private company that Adrian formed to enable members of the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, access parts that he has brought together over the years, in order to keep the Vauxhall Viva and all other associated vehicles on the road. Adrian has made it a condition of sale that all of his customers must be paid-up members of the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club. Viva Spares is reccognised by Vauxhall and most related clubs, to have obtained the most comprohensive range of stock available anywhere in the world.

On this website, you will also find links to other contacts that may be of interest to anybody wishing to obtain a part for their vehicle.

The committee would like to make it clear that the club nor any member of the committee, will not benifit financially from any of the contacts that we provide members with. We do not promote any organisation, company or individual above any other in order of any prefferance.

The main benifit regarding spares relating to your joining the club is that you will only be given access to Viva Spares, or the list of members on our contact list offering spares for sale, should you be a fully paid up member of the club. While we can not deny that spare parts for our vehicles often can be found for sale from other clubs or on auction sites such as e-bay, rare or new parts are not usualy found for sale in this way and the club is the main sorce of accessing these parts.

Ian Francis,
Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, Chairman.
AUTOMAN

Postby psl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 pm

As Ian has stated, the viva owners club, will hold no parts. It is in its early days but i wish to be able to be in a position to

Firstly: Be at the end of the phone eve and weekends 7 days a week to take your call, not have an answer machine spoute off at you.

Secondly: be able to put you in contact with others in your local area that have spares, know how and time to listen.

Finally: To offer you a choice as to where, how and who`m you want to get your spares from, MEMBERS, NONE MEMBERS AND MEMBERS OF OTHER CLUBS WILL BE VERY WELCOMED!

There is a list of people being able to help, who have kindly given me their time and phone numbers, these will only be known to committee members. I will not publish lists of peoples phone numbers, down to data protection and respect. This is very much still work in progress at the mo But will be there or there abouts come the next club mag.
I want to be able to be a person at the end of the phone who will direct you in the right direction.
I will not draw expenses, make or take profit or keep all the good spares for myself, nore do i want all the hassle of keeping or storing spare parts.
The fun is in the helping and talking viva`s with others

More info will be placed on the forum on this will follow
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Sort of on the spares theme. Would it be possible to resurect the self help scheme? People voluntered to have their names/contact details published on a small card. Anyone breaking down could then conntact the nearest person for help. Also on the card would be the sort of help on offer, e.g. tea and sympathy, spare parts, petrol, tow, tools, what ever the person could offer.
Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby psl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:48 am

i have mulled this one over before in the past, its a great idea. The people who (if it went ahead) must understand that their details will be made public. Unlike the spares scheme where the names will be kept private.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion