HELP US HELP YOU!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

HELP US HELP YOU!

Postby psl » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:07 pm

As you have already read, im trying to put together a list of people that have spaes, willing to help or just give help and guidence where it is needed.
Im asking anyone out there in viva land who would be willing to let me point people in your direction with your phone nember.
Im very short on people that have spares or anything to do with HA`s.
Now i know we all have Adrian`s phone number and he is there at the end of the phone but it is at weekends and eve that count. If you feel you can help please PM with some details and i will contact you. Your phone number will not be handed out willy nilly. It would just be nice if we could keep like minded people in touch with one another.
Dont forget as a club about 20% of members use this forum the other 80% dont know which way to turn other then Adrian and if he`s not in then who can they call???
The club needs people at the end of a phone not an answer machine, the new viva spares directory enquires, is the way forward, putting people in touch with one another. Giving people the phone numbers of people with parts they have been looking for, for ages. Run by members for members
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lambaj » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 am

I've been thinking about this for some time as there does seem to be a bit of a hole in the ranks. I think I will formally offer myself as a Technical Bod for the HA viva. I've been playing with HA's for over 20 years now, and there are not many things I've not had to do to the 3 HA's I have. Engines, suspension, bodywork, brakes, electrics, interior, stock cars, modded cars, have all been carried out. Spares stock is aways a concern with HA's and generally I intend to keep what I have, but as for whats gone pop, boom, crunch, I'll hopefully have a few good ideas to offer.
As for contacting me, the forum is easiest for me, but if there is a member who is "offline" then I letters or timed phone calls can be arranged. I can;t have too many calls late in the evenings as I have a nipper, who just loves to wake up when the phone rings!

So, committee members, what do you think ?

TTFN

Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 am

Excelent Tony and thank you very much.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby psl » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi Tony. Many thanks for your kind offer, if you could PM me the times that suit you best i will take note of these and make sure if anyone is to ring you regarding HA`s then they adhere to them. The more people that come forward the better.
Paul
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

clutch

Postby gillberry » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi if you are the man in the know, my 1965 Ha has a seized clutch AGAIN! she used to free off ok but the time before this we tried every suggestion going and it would still not free off so gave in towed it to the garage and got them to do it, she went fine for ages then we left her for a couple of weeks and seized again this time gave up pushed her in the garage and there she sits (been in there for over a year now) getting stated every now & again, have not given up on her but now drive a 1966 mk2 humber sceptre - but she will see light of day again one day :cry:
gillberry
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 am

Prob not going to get red in the general discussion area and noticed by the tech heads? try posting it under Mechanical..... :D
pbottomley

Return to General Discussion