Are you a bacon munching Viva victim????????????????????????

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby mazzo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Hey-up. Take the safe option an order the curry in ;)

Looking forward to it now........ quite excited sadly!
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1971 Green 2 door HC Base model
1978 Red 4 door Viva E from new
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mazzo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Right - update time. The car is now out of the garage and in the drive. My wife actually helped me a lot today - so who knows, she may start to tolerate my spending hours on the car a bit more!

Firstly, I am concerned about the engine. The water in the rad has gone and the oil level seems up. Is this the dreaded leak? More to the point is it a crack or just head gasket. Hope I don't need a new engine!

Most of the work is welding, but I will have a look at brakes and susspension before you come.

Have some pics.

Boot lip. Gone on the opposite side too.

This is the offside wing at the bottom where it meets the sill. Bit crud, but I don't think an MOT failure.

This is the offside sill. Ropey at the back but solid everywhere else. Inner sills on both sides are solid. The nearside sill is solid.

The other stuff is in the garage pics. The nearside wing is poor at the points where it meets the sill and where it meets the front valance.

The floorpan has small holes rather than great big ones.

The rear wheel arch hole is in the garage photos. The other side has not gone through, but is a bit poor. Here's a photo of that:

If you need any more specific information, let me know and I'll go have a look and take a pic.

Thanks all

Maz
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey up maz any news on the list of things to do on the silver one? as it seems that giving this an MoT is going to be a weekends work and any extra time we have left over we can put into the green one, to help you on its way.
Lets get you to Billing in a viva this year and worry about the green one for another weekend
sorry i dont sell viva parts any more.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby mazzo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Hi

Silver one needs windscreen pillars, a patch on an inner sill, an outer sill, patches to front wings where they meet the sills.

Engine wise it is fine, runs nicely.

Brakes seem to be OK - but never tried it on the road.

Steering and susspension seem OK too.

Exhaust is good but back box not hung properly and it hits the side of the spare wheel recess.

Screen washer missing from bonnet (it's a pair rather than one central one)

Paint on roof is non existant! Down to red oxide in most places and what's left of the silver is flaky and just rubs off with your finger.

The small square metal plates behind the front wheels are both missing.

Drivers door window winder mechanism doesn't work and the window is glued shut!

Hoses (bottom and top radiator) are weak. They are holding now, but I wouldn't want to drive very far on them.

It has 175x13 tyres on standard wheels. They look ridiculous on the car. The tyres are not used and include the spare, so if anyone wnats them, they can have them. I would just like to put standard 155 or maybe 165 on them.

That's all I can think of! Interior is fine, boot is fine, electrics are fine.

Cheers

Maz
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm

now that seems a do`able list. Near the time Maz PM me to remind me, i can bring exhaust mount, may have a good window winder and bonnet washers, i will bring and your welcome to them for x2 bacon sandwiches.
One thing you will need is some P38 and underseal, that sounds viva`ish doesnt it :D a bit of skimming, no really :D
Im also thinking vinyl roof, i have one on a knacker in the barn but time is the key. We`ve done a roof swap before and in a few hours the vinyl had started to shrink, so i dont think its going to happen unless i bring it down on the trailer and we do it there and then :wink:
By the way its 2 sugars and one third milk for me and bacon very well done :D
Last edited by psl on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Are you a bacon munching Viva victim????????????????????????

Postby pbottomley » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 pm

agree on the vinyl roof thing LOL... roof can always been doen another day ... not an MOT failure to have bad roof paint LOL
pbottomley

Postby mazzo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:50 pm

LOL!

Keep the roof silver - but eventually. For now it can look .....interesting.

Thanks for the offer of bits. If you like the bacon well done, I'll get it cooking now. Should be about the size of a pea when you arrive ! Funny thing about bacon. I like my bacon still flexible, my kids love it crispy as anything. Get it the wrong way round and it's horrible.
1971 1600 HC DeLuxe
1969 HB 1159 4 door SL
mazzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Could do with a bit of a head count, on who`s coming etc. Doesnt have to be for the weekend, come for the day if that`s all you can do.
I for one will be down Sat/Sun. Who else?
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Fri May 04, 2007 5:08 pm

ME im up for the welding :) :) :)
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bulldog » Fri May 04, 2007 5:19 pm

has anyone got the windscreen pillars/conners?
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion