government tossers !

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

government tossers !

Postby bodyworx » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:50 pm

just had this link mailed to me, dont know if youve seen it before??

Government is now trying to abolish the use of cars over 10 YEARS OLD !! :shock: :?

hope everyone stands up to be counted,,

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/_

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/
bodyworx
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:21 pm

I'd be interested to see the background to it - I hadn't heard that they were even trying to ban cars over ten years old. That's the trouble with these petitions - there's no requirement for the proposer to point to the thing they're objecting to, and this guys description is way too vague.

Signed it anyway, though.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re -

Postby doss » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:40 pm

I had a browse through, some of these are lame to say the least, You,d have thought these things would be better vetted. Strange someone hasn,t thought to put a petition in to stop silly petitions. :lol: :lol:
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:42 am

I agree - there's at least two petitions to bring back the rolling 25-year exemption for road tax. Mind you, as they got almost 2m signatures on the 'abandon road pricing' petition that was in the news, and still intend to go on with it, there's probably no point signing any of them.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to General Discussion