General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Postby laurence » Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi All...Just need to say thanks to Paul Bottomley for taking the time to chat to me earlier this evening and fill me in on the Club.

Membership form is now in post and now looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Cheers All,

Laurence.
laurence
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed May 09, 2007 8:14 pm

Your welcome chap..... :D
pbottomley

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed May 09, 2007 8:46 pm

Welcome Laurence to the mad house. Well done Paul. By the way Paul, have you had any applications from Southern Ireland, Northan Ireland and Wallsaw in the West Midlands.

Ian.
Chairman.
AUTOMAN

Postby psl » Wed May 09, 2007 8:59 pm

Welcome, good to see a new face. Which model of viva do you own?
sorry i dont sell viva parts any more.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby laurence » Wed May 09, 2007 9:22 pm

He He...Mad House I'm used to :wink:

As to which model I own...That's a slight problem...I haven't got myself a Viva yet...Hence joining the club to get this remedied...And quickly I hope. :D
laurence
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby psl » Wed May 09, 2007 9:35 pm

what do you want? I`ve got enough sitting in the barn :D HC 4 door, 2 door, tax free, running, rusty or just plain rotten :D
All projects saved from the banger boys, just gagging to be rehoused, well before i get rehoused :D
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby laurence » Wed May 09, 2007 9:54 pm

I probably have the same wish-list as most others..A solid, running and tax-free example of an HB or HC would be lovely.

Mechanical aptitude at the moment hovers around ground level but I'm sure that may well change after living with a Viva for a while :lol:
laurence
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby psl » Wed May 09, 2007 10:02 pm

O bugger another sucker for punishment (new loving owner) needs to be found then, *Bleep*!
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby laurence » Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 pm

He He...I'm sure there are a few victims..Err...I mean prospective owners out there with a tad more experience in this than myself.? ;)
laurence
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu May 10, 2007 12:10 pm

Experiance. The constant scraping of fingers untill skin peels and blood comes out. Use of words mainly of a four letter variety as spanners slip or hammers miss their target. Frustration as metal changes to rust overnight. Trying to locate a rare part that takes months and when finaly found, a long line of voices say, "why didn't you ask me? I have loads in the shed". Now that I have told you what experience is, you have all you need to find a viva victim and do one up for your self. If I can do it anyone can. The cars are so simple to work on, all you realy need to know is how to ask a question on here or read a book. Those of us with nice viva's usually have a project on the go and once you catch the bug, you just can't shake it. Clean cars or rusty ones it makes no difference to us, the only thing we ask or insist upon is that you enjoy yourself.

Ian,
Chairman.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion