cheesey

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

cheesey

Postby steve smith » Mon May 21, 2007 9:07 am

well after getting him back to work at 5.30pm on saturday evening and doing battle with the m25 which was fun in a car that well looks so much different to most other things o the road. i gave him a good t-cut on sunday and the roof has come up really well as has most of the body just got to sort the front wing out and get the engine cleaned and running sweet he's a bit tappy at moment. i post some pics up later once i get the camera sorted
steve smith

Postby Clara » Mon May 21, 2007 5:18 pm

Glad to hear you got home okay!! :) It's a fun little beastie (but please change those tires!!)
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby kellyharding » Tue May 22, 2007 9:09 pm

I guess Crossply tyres are a bit of an 'aquired taste' :D

Always fun going round a roundabout and hearing tyres squeeal :D

Lovely little car that Cheesy was, drove him up and down the country sicne lasst october, till replaced with Arthur (or 'Mr Dent' to others).

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby steve smith » Thu May 24, 2007 9:49 am

well cheeseys little bit of welding is done now and shes got a set of good radials on him from the hb i dragged back from hampshire. pics will follow soon. it handles so much better with them on the back end doesnt wounder around any more .
steve smith

Postby kellyharding » Thu May 24, 2007 3:28 pm

steve smith wrote:well cheeseys little bit of welding is done now and shes got a set of good radials on him from the hb i dragged back from hampshire. pics will follow soon. it handles so much better with them on the back end doesnt wounder around any more .

If the back end was wandering around then the tyre pressures were too low!! not a fault of the crossplies that.

Don't complain about crossply tyres if you're not going to at least check that the tyre pressures are correct first, as such behaviours as you describe I only found occured if the rear tyres were less than 15psi.

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby psl » Thu May 24, 2007 5:40 pm

were they less then 15psi when you took us back from the curry house :D :D
sorry i dont sell viva parts any more.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby kellyharding » Thu May 24, 2007 5:57 pm

psl wrote:were they less then 15psi when you took us back from the curry house :D :D

They had extra stress to cope with... Cheesy wasn't used to 4 people in him!

Actually they probably were a bit low, but it just added to the character ;)

Kelly
kellyharding

Return to General Discussion