Anyone know a good (and cheap welder) near Slough

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Anyone know a good (and cheap welder) near Slough

Postby pyoorkate » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am

So, the MOT is approaching with surprising rapidity; and the concerning state of the floor, and possibly the sill on the passenger side* (and the potentially fibre filled floor (or flaw, as I just wrote) on the driver's side) will not, I suspect, get past the MOT guys here in Slough. Generous as they are with me I think that they may notice not having any steel anywhere.

Um, so, anyone know a good - cheap welder near** Slough. They (the garage) recommend a bloke called Pat Doyle, but I've lost his number** and prefer real, personal recommendations.

Cheers in advance folks :)

* I promise I shall never fail to inspect the underside of a car because I've travelled for 4 hours and it's raining and I'm tired. I shall also never trust a car-seller again.
** Or at least reachable by public transport from Slough, so as I can take the car there and drop it off - and then get home / back to pick it up.
*** I can obviously go and get it back...
Kate E
Distressingly becoming the owner of a fleet of vehicles
pyoorkate
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to General Discussion