The car I lost.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

The car I lost.

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed May 30, 2007 3:39 pm

As some of you may know before I suffered my most recent heart problem, I had been offered a Blue HB estate by a chap in Cornwall. Then I was in hospital and unable to collect the car. I was worried about this, but the chap said that it was fine. When I came out of hospital, I spoke to the chap and he was not happy at all with me. Next I knew, the car was to be scrapped unless I could collect it. Mr Bottomley was also in touch with the chap, which turned out to be a good thing. I appealed on here for help to collect the car, but unfortunately, no one was able to assist me. In the mean-time, Mr Bottomley knew of somebody else who may like the car and put them in touch with the seller. I have heard today that the car was saved and by somebody in the club. I will not say who, but I am extreamely happy for the new owner and I understand that the car needed more work than I would have been able to undertake at present. I think that this is a great ending to a sittuation that I was quite concerned about. Verry well done Paul, for rescuing a car in need and for enabling a club member to find a car that they wanted to enjoy and restore.

Also good luck to the new owner who I will not name as it is their privilage to make an announcement.

:D

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby john-saab » Wed May 30, 2007 6:21 pm

Sorry to hear you didnt get the car....but there was a blue viva for sale on Ebay this week...and that was in Cornwall...Was it THIS car
'62 SAAB 96. '64 Viva HA. 70 Hillman Avenger. 70' Bedford HA dormobile, 78 TR7 FHC & 1980 DHC, 85 SAAB 900Turbo and 900i, '86 Audi 100.
Over here as reccomended on www.popularclassics.org
john-saab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Chevetter » Wed May 30, 2007 6:40 pm

That's a funny looking HB estate john :roll: In fact to my untrained eye it looks exactly like an HA :lol:
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed May 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Yea and that is the very HA I was on about other day Ralph... you know the one... :wink: :wink:
pbottomley

Postby bulldog » Wed May 30, 2007 6:48 pm

is that the one paul it looks like a good one :?
mike

1972 firenza 2000 sl turbo
1969 HB 1159 2 door deluxe [Fungus]
1968 HB 1159 2 door sl90
hc 325
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

The car I lost.

Postby pbottomley » Wed May 30, 2007 6:53 pm

YEP MIKE I am sorta going mad now..... long way to move the tank !! only issue
pbottomley

Postby john-saab » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:00 am

Chevetter wrote:That's a funny looking HB estate john :roll: In fact to my untrained eye it looks exactly like an HA :lol:

:oops: ooops!....i will get my coat :oops:
'62 SAAB 96. '64 Viva HA. 70 Hillman Avenger. 70' Bedford HA dormobile, 78 TR7 FHC & 1980 DHC, 85 SAAB 900Turbo and 900i, '86 Audi 100.
Over here as reccomended on www.popularclassics.org
john-saab
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion