Classic insurance

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Classic insurance

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:28 pm

Hi
Can anyone give me some names for a resonable insurance quote for my Viva.
Cheers
Doss
Doss backup

Postby Tinkerman backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:28 pm

Donald, i used Norton insurance on that Viva and it was 114 fully comp limited milage of 1500 but came with breakdown cover and all the other bits.
Tinkerman backup

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:28 pm

OK Thanks Paul. I am getting some silly quotes up at £200 - £250. Have never had a bump or any points either. dont know why I can,t find any cheaper. I,ll give em a try.
Cheers
Donald
Doss backup

Postby paulbottomley37 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:29 pm

If you use footman james and quote your vivaclub membership number they will give an extra 10% off, i got my insirance down to £96 unlimited millage fully comp
paulbottomley37

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:29 pm

Thanks
Membership hasnt come back yet. So I,ll just have to take what I can get tomorrow cars wiating to go into a garage I will not have access to until the weekend. cover notes are costing me a mint...lol
Cheers
Doss backup

Postby Droopsnoot backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:30 pm

I'm also with Norton, have been for years. I always seem to leave it too late to shop around when the renewal comes - in fact you've reminded me I need to bring it to work tomorrow as it's due.
Droopsnoot backup

Postby Flod backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:30 pm

Hi Doss yeh I use Footman James aswell find they are really helpfull you just give them a ring tell them that you are going to look at a car give them reg and great your insured if you dont buy just give them another call to cancel and thats it. I have 3 Vivas insured with them fully comp unlimited mileage £136.

Karl
Flod backup

Postby Doss backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Thanks Flod
I have unfortunatley the other day took a policy out for a year for "wait for it" £223 I just could not get cheaper and as always cancelling now would cost me dear i,ll just have to suffer for this year but for next i will certainly be calling footman thanks. I took what I could get the other day as the car was sitting ungaraged and uninsured and I was terrified incase it go damaged or vandalised. Now safely tucked up in garage and insured so have peace of mind anyway.
Thanks
Donald.
Doss backup

Return to General Discussion