Engine bay dimensions

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Engine bay dimensions

Postby TommyDeVito » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and my interest in HB Vivas is pretty new, too. I saw a pic in PPC magazine in an article about LSD's of a white HB Viva smoking it's rear tyres - very cool. Looks like a mini-muscle car.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the dimension of the engine bay are? I'm wondering about alternative engine possibilities and would like to know what the length (between the bulkhead and front minus the radiator for the time being) and width (between inner wings) are. Any help much appreciated.

The dimensions are important simply because I don't like the idea of cutting bits of bulkhead out - if I'm going to put a foriegn engine in a car I'd much rather it went straight in and was installed in a way that could be reversed.

Cheers in advance.
TommyDeVito

Postby hbpeter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:03 pm

Will get the dimensions you want, if you can hang on a few days??
Peter :shock:
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby TommyDeVito » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:52 pm

No problem at all, I can wait! Thanks.
TommyDeVito

Postby hbpeter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:29 pm

Size's, aprox 28" between chassis rails, and aprox 28" from bulkhead to front, without the radiator. Any more let me know.
Peter :D
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby TommyDeVito » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:23 pm

Fantastic! Exactly what I wanted to know and bigger than I'd thought, too.

Thanks very much for that. Appreacite it loads! :D
TommyDeVito

Return to General Discussion