Project Fren 3.0ltr

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Project Fren 3.0ltr

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 am

Hows this for a u-turn... today iam going to pick up the doner car for my firenza project!!

Originally i was going to drop in a 3.9 Rover or 5.7 Chev because i love the v8 soundtrack 8) but alfter project imsa Alfa 75 nearly bankrupted me, ive set my sights a bit lower this time :oops:

so my humble little fren is going to get as much of a 3ltr V6 omega as i can cram in :lol: (manual 'box of course!) including the remote central locking, leccy windows, air con, cruise control, traction control, abs, omega has even got built in sat nav!!!

The hope is to built a 21st century, 1972 Firenza, with just over 200 bhp, isn't going to be slow either 8)
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby phil dawson » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm

WOW Spence,
Going to look forward to this build, keep us updated with plenty pics.
When you making a start on it?
Good luck,
Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby phil dawson » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 pm

WOW Spence,
Going to look forward to this build, keep us updated with plenty pics.
When you making a start on it?
Good luck,
Phil
phil dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Sounds different, look forward to seeing that.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Good luck with this one, having seen someone else start this very conversion and give up after they realised it was just to damn big to get in with the inner wings in place... they are very wide blocks... also your going to have to move the bulkhead back a good few foot!!

Will be great to see you overcome these minor issues and get it sorted, would be a wonderful conversion.

http://vauxhallviva.blogspot.com/search/label/V6%20Engine
pbottomley

Postby Jon-HPF » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Probably easier just to stick a Firenza badge on the back of the omega :D Im sure you will overcome these minor issues Paul mentioned.
Cheers - Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:31 am

pbottomley wrote:Good luck with this one, having seen someone else start this very conversion and give up after they realised it was just to damn big to get in with the inner wings in place... they are very wide blocks... also your going to have to move the bulkhead back a good few foot!!

Will be great to see you overcome these minor issues and get it sorted, would be a wonderful conversion.

http://vauxhallviva.blogspot.com/search/label/V6%20Engine

hmmm sounds ominus :shock: i'll have a look at that link when i get home... (thanks by the way :wink: )

allthough they are vectra engines, i allready have 2 of those v6's in my pit! and have changed them in my vectra too! heavy but i didn't consider them to be big??!!

iam going to finish the bodywork before i tair into the omega (just another straight forward resto so i shan't bore you with)
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:46 pm

trial fitted one of the 2.5 lumps ive got, bags of room 8)

and heres the doner...

i haven't got thousands for a v8, so iam going to make the most of this and as cheap as possible :wink:
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:39 pm

That is weird, as when you look at the other site you can see all the nightmares.

Well all that's the past, well done :D :D I am keen to see how this progresses...

Is there much room for anything else like exhaust manifolds and radiators?
pbottomley

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:30 pm

pbottomley wrote:Is there much room for anything else like exhaust manifolds and radiators?

with the engine positioned where you see it, there is nearly a foot in front of it :lol:

i may come unstuck where the servo is but iam not sure yet. ive got several manifold base plates (vectra v6 rears) so iam going to cut the pressed steel parts off and fabricate some tubulars 8)

that engine is tiny, length wise its approx the same as the 1159 that came out with all the pulleys on!! we'll see once ive re-hung stuff like the alternator and a/c pump for width...
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Modifications