Wheels fouling front panel

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Re: Wheels fouling front panel

Postby skinner » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 am

not sure on your cars , with the steering on the opposite side as mine :D ,
but here in canada the drivers side is set back a little farther to accomidate for the
crown of the road, anybody that really knows his alignment machine can tell/show you the difference :D
if you walk past any car !!! stick your fingers in behind or front of the wheel and measure to the fender,with your fingers
mine are usually 3 knuckles wide (varies with finger knuckle width), and not quite 3 on the other side, if you follow me :roll:
just a quick check on all autos not exact nor recommened while car is moving :D :D
skinner
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby COUPEe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 am

This is a common problem ? DTV trimmed front panel and pressed back or probably sledged corner of inner arch,footwell area on all the rally,race cars (page 49 tuning vivas and firenza,s by coburn and blydenstein)
i havent a working scanner? my coupe,s running 7x13,s with 205x60,s with this mod it was neccessary
76 VIVA E Coupe
78 Cavalier 2.0 gl
73 viva 4dr
72 Viva 2.3sl
COUPEe
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks for the advice but this job was completed a long tome ago now! :D It was a mixture of things in the end with a twisted lower valance and worn castor arm bush being the main problems. I did also have to do a bit of dtv style clearance making!
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby yoeddynz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah in NZ we run most cars with a touch more castor on the near side (gutter side/sidewalk side/side that dead beavers will be found laying in road for you Canadians :) )

Its about half a degree and helps stop the car from 'falling' to the NS (beavers) This equates to a shortening of the wheel base on that side.
yoeddynz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Modifications