springs

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

springs

Postby stuart » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi All

I have been told that corsa, nova, springs and shocks fit the rear of the Viva HB GT, what about the front :?: :?:
our what other makes fit the HB,
regards

Stuart
stuart
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: springs

Postby pbottomley » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Nova Corsa springs are too short? why would you want to fit short springs to a GT and not standard sized springs?
pbottomley

Postby stuart » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:44 pm

pbottomley wrote:Nova Corsa springs are too short? why would you want to fit short springs to a GT and not standard sized springs?

Hi

To get ride of the 4inch gap between the wheel and arch, I have fitted new shocks, it;s got more roll than a boat :lol:
and I know it;s not to every ones taste!!! but I would like it to sit a little bit lower, As we are keeping all the standard stuff if and when we sell it the new owner can always go back to standard if they want :D ,

So that why I was asking if any other model of cars shocks fit

Cheers
Stuart
stuart
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby michaelHC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Phone South Yorkshire Springs up and speak to Tony. He will make you springs for your viva any ride height/poundage etc. They were about £60 when I got rears done including VAT and postage. Pretty cheap for custom made springs in my eyes. Quality is spot on too. :D
michaelHC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Fit coil over shocks, and rid the roll but keep the ride height... You'll thank me when you hit a speed hump, believe me.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby oli8925 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Take a look at this guys HB, I don't know if he's on here.
http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... ead=108400

Corsa B rear springs and custom front springs. I think he got the fronts from coilsprings.co.uk, but as others have said South Yorkshire Springs will also do you a set which is where I got mine from.

I don't know how much they cost, but if you can stretch to it I'd go for coilovers. I wish I had on my HC.

Ride height can be a touchy subject around these parts :twisted: but Danny does make a good point about speed bumps *shudders*
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Oli your car grounds on a match stick mate!!!! Fit air bags... down for flat up for humps !!!

Anyway back to sleep :sleepy5:
pbottomley

Postby Graeme » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 pm

that is my HB, rears are i think -90mm for a corsa, fronts were made by a company by me that actually prep drag cars but they did it as a favour as i painted some motor bike bits for them.

not sure how high they are, i had the standard springs poundage measured. then cut them down untill i was happy, then took them out again and took them there, they increased the poundage and then made them.

I will be fitting air bags in the future on mine though.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby oli8925 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:38 am

pbottomley wrote:Oli your car grounds on a match stick mate!!!! Fit air bags... down for flat up for humps !!!

Anyway back to sleep :sleepy5:

:lol: I got beached in a hospital the other week. Honestly though it's not the car it's the exhaust. If I had a mandrel bender and a TIG welder, or £800 to spare, I'd get one that actually fits. As it is, I don't much care if it drops off.

I've never been too keen on air bags, look good and practical, but I've read they compromise handling. Might not be true.
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby viva les vegas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:36 pm

As a side note on air bags, a lot of ambulances use them, especially the ones with wedge ramps where they regularly need to lower the rear suspension. Also, all the new Western National double deckers down here use them front and rear, otherwise they wouldn't get on or off the Torpoint Ferry :)
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Next

Return to Modifications