Brake Bias ?

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

Brake Bias ?

Postby Jon-HPF » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Did the standard OHC master cylinder supply lower pressure to the rear brake line ? My understanding is that it supplies the same pressure equally to front and back - Though it has 3 outlets on the master cyilnder , 2 to front and 1 to rear. Was this for brake bias or just for dual brake lines (in case fronts fail for example)

Im currently fitting a servo & MC from a Baleno which has a primary and secondary outlet on the MC - these feed to a distribution unit which then feed each wheel via 4 individual outlets .
The Baleno has a Load sensitive Proportional valve fitted to the rear , which i wont be using as it needs to be rigged up to the suspension ( cant be bothered with the hassle)

Just wondered if the original Viva set up has no rear brake bias - then , is it that important to put in a proportional valve in the rear lines ?

Ideas / thoughts ??

Cheers

Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Brake Bias ?

Postby dann01 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:27 am

My 78 GLS model had a Bias distribution valve fitted, though it could I believe be an optional extra or was only fitted to some of the later models. This was plumbed into the sytem and sat to the right of the MC as you look at it... I still have it knocking around somewhere? though it has to be said it didn't work that well, despite a measure of adjustment.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to Modifications