PLEASE HELP MY PROJECT

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

PLEASE HELP MY PROJECT

Postby fezworth » Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

hi guys my hc is getting put back on the road fresh with a new design and a new engine !!!!

the new theme is the military services and i am looking for stuff to exhibit at shows and meets .

the car will be done as a rat car in olive drab green .

im also in need of an old roofrack ect ect .

if anyone has anything to do with the army i would be grateful and i am willing to pay for anything you have just name the price but the cheaper the better....

any ideas are welcome thanks alot
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: PLEASE HELP MY PROJECT

Postby pbottomley » Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

I have deleted the 8 other copies of this message, continue to spam the forum and your account will be closed...

That said this appears to be the right place to leave your message (modifications) ... Personally I think your plans would be better asked in a DUB forum and or a more appropriate forum on car modifying and rat look cars.... But that's just my take on it :)

:goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby droopsnoot » Fri May 11, 2012 6:22 pm

I've seen another done that way, though I think that was an estate, covered in some detail on the Retro Rides forum I think.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby fezworth » Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm

droopsnoot wrote:I've seen another done that way, though I think that was an estate, covered in some detail on the Retro Rides forum I think.

it was based around the us army mine is british and also im going to be having a stand which will have old medals stuff like ration books ect plus my bonnet and boot will be black and with a neat little trick ! lol btw sorry for spamming i just needed alot of attention on this project
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby oli8925 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah there was an estate in olive drab with the American star on I think, can't quite remember who it was though. Although a cunningly stealthy Google search gets it - http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=75361.

Have to say, while I liked his, I think the olive drab army thing and fake rat look, or prat look as I call it, is just overdone and tacky now. Better to leave it to VWs if you ask me.
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby magnumsteve » Fri May 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Each to their own............. If it saves a Viva then go for it.
HC662 reporting for duty SAH!

Currently Viva-less.......
magnumsteve
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Retro morgs » Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 pm

There's not a lot wrong with it tho :( Dont do it david,a few tasteful mods to make it your own should suffice. After all,i gather you are the only person in your crowd that owns a viva and that instantly gives you retro street cred anyway (well i reckon so anyway lol) :D
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby fezworth » Sat May 12, 2012 12:17 am

Retro morgs wrote:There's not a lot wrong with it tho :( Dont do it david,a few tasteful mods to make it your own should suffice. After all,i gather you are the only person in your crowd that owns a viva and that instantly gives you retro street cred anyway (well i reckon so anyway lol) :D

tbh the paint since it was taken off the road is bad it has gone patchy and a little rust set in so that was the reason to the paint but ive been wanting to army style a car but rat one 2 i have decided to keep the body in the best condition i can however i cant afford much atm with the drifting, took me like 10 mins to realise who it was btw how ya doing ....

btw it aint going rust rat is gonna look fairly smart by the time its done im thinking olive green with black trim and my sponsors on the side make it best at a budget lol

the rack im getting ammo tins and crates to sit on top for when am camping i just wanting a few items to put on show when at meets
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby oli8925 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 am

If you do it really cleanly it could work, as B-8-D did with his estate, I just can't see mixing the two ideas is going to go well, it's ticking too many boxes and is just a bit typical rat-look. But as I said, if you manage to keep the theme very army and clean, and not too OTT then I reckon it could be a winner. It is only paint after all.

For cheap paint jobs have you considered roller painting? I've never done it and it has it's down sides but I've seen people get seriously impressive results just from good prep work and a lot of hard work wet sanding and cutting the paint down to a shine. I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't a proper paint job. Maybe something to look into if you haven't already.
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby fezworth » Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 am

ordered olive green and will be rolled on the car within the next few days and gonna order more stuff this week ie paint for bonnet and boot and also get the car running roof lining ordered 2 im getting an army net for on the roof and ive got a few ideas fot the outside and inside that i aim to suprise with
fezworth
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to Modifications