what is the size of brake pipe fittings

This is an area for discussion about modifications to Vivas.

what is the size of brake pipe fittings

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi I have a firenza front and rear running gear on my kit car and am going to install braided piping but not sure what the fitting are in the calipers and brake pistons on rear. Help Cheers gary
Grizzly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: what is the size of brake pipe fittings

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

I'm not completely sure either, but usually the company that makes up the braided hoses will have a list of the appropriate dimensions - I know it's a kit car, but for the front end at least the braided hoses will be the same if you've used the whole subframe. As for the rear, that sounds quite different because on Firenza there is a single rear brake line, a flexible hose from the bodywork to the rear axle, a brake line from there to nearside cylinder and one from there across the axle to the offside cylinder - the braided hose wouldn't be anywhere near the cylinder.

They're imperial fitting as opposed to metric. I *think* it's correct to say that there are only metric or imperial options for car brake lines, not multiple sizes of each.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Cheers for that, I intend to use a tee peice and braided to the cylenders on the rear rather than the one in and return as at mo the fronts should be easier as already split that way, going to go back to a bias pedal b ox so one master to each end of car. now to try and get the right cylinder ends. Cheers again. waiting for front end back from shotblasting and hotmetal sraying for reassembly.
Grizzly
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 1256man » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

usually 3/8 unf fittings
more space more cars
1256man
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Modifications